The Student Room Group

How long to revise?

So, I am stressing out. There is only 48 days til my first exam and I have just been taken out of school for these pointless holidays that don't benefit me at all so I need to revise more than normal in my own time as school is closed. How long would you reccomend a day with my time frame? And how many subjects should I do a day?

This is what I currently do:

Monday - Maths revision and Chemistry(A) revision.

Tuesday - Biology(A) revision and Physics(A) revision.

Wednesday - Chemistry(C) test, Biology (C) test and Physics(C) test.

Thursday - Core science revision.

Friday - Coursework and Leisure and Tourism/Citizenship revision.

Saturday - Maths revision and Chemistry (A) test.

Sunday - Biology(A) test, Physics(A) test and Maths revision.

That is my revision time table, when I say test I mean a past paper. And when it says (C) or (A) that is Core science and Additional science.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pogolauncher
So, I am stressing out. There is only 48 days til my first exam and I have just been taken out of school for these pointless holidays that don't benefit me at all so I need to revise more than normal in my own time as school is closed. How long would you reccomend a day with my time frame? And how many subjects should I do a day?

This is what I currently do:

Monday - Maths revision and Chemistry(A) revision.

Tuesday - Biology(A) revision and Physics(A) revision.

Wednesday - Chemistry(C) test, Biology (C) test and Physics(C) test.

Thursday - Core science revision.

Friday - Coursework and Leisure and Tourism/Citizenship revision.

Saturday - Maths revision and Chemistry (A) test.

Sunday - Biology(A) test, Physics(A) test and Maths revision.

That is my revision time table, when I say test I mean a past paper. And when it says (C) or (A) that is Core science and Additional science.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It looks like a strong timetable - but the only thing you don't mention is the length of your study sessions. How much time are you spending revising each day?
Reply 2
Ideally an hour per subject. So normally 2-3 hours a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pogolauncher
Ideally an hour per subject. So normally 2-3 hours a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey buddy! It depends on you! For my GCSEs and AS levels, I studied max 3 hours a day before exams and it got me great grades, but I know people who literally went at it 10 hours a day who got very average results.

You need to learn to understand yourself, and your capabilities. If you know that you absorb a lot of info and retain it with the amount you are doing at the moment, stick with it.

Only thing I'd recommend is to make sure you mix up revision and practice; it's very important, to give you the best knowledge before exams.

Best of luck man! :smile:
Reply 4
Yeah. Where it says 'tesr' after a subject is where I'll do a past paper. It is interchangeable with revision though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending