lemonysnicketing
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
A list of tips I compiled from looking at all the examiner reports found on the AQA website. I have split it into three sections: AO1/AO2, Methodology and IDA (Issues, Debates and Approaches). This is not specific for certain topics but instead is general exam advice as we all know this unit can get quite tricky and stressful under time!

NOTE: In addition, I would advise about 5-6 developed evaluation points for each topic. In timed essays, this is the amount I personally can achieve (although again it depends on how fast you write). I have just about 1 or 2 mins left to scan through my answer, that's how tight the time is for this exam!

ANOTHER NOTE:
I realise now that AO2 should better be referred to as A02/A03 (A03 is methodological issues BUT there is no necessity to add metholodological issues at all to get full marks. You will not lose marks for not adding methodological issues. I would avoid doing so anyway because examiners comment it often isn't well developed and pulls down the mark.)

Feel free to comment if you have any more suggestions or queries!
Attached files
arminb
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thank you
tolaaani
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That was absolutely great, helped me pick up one a few mistakes I was making!

Thanks very much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
22.39%
Excited but a bit nervous (117)
45.17%
Not bothered either way (34)
13.13%
I'm really nervous (50)
19.31%

Watched Threads