The Student Room Group

OCR Philosophy of Religion & Ethics ~ May 13th

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ojj_12
For philosophy, I like science and religion and teleological, greeks and judeo-christian God is alright, I guess. Absolutely cannot stand Cosmological argument and the problem of evil kind of bores me.

Ethics is mostly okay I guess but I really hate Just War theory and all that, I'm not even revising it. I just won't do that question if it comes up. I really like Natural Law and Kant.

How about you? :smile:

i like plato etc but i dont think that will come up.. cosmo, onto and aristotle are good, and prime mover. Judaeo chirstian concept of god i struggle with, and likewise with iranaeueasesuaaesases (or whatever he is called!).

For ethics, im ok on most things, but christian ethics and most of the applications are slightly more difficult.

Im just really scared a hard question is gonna come up where its hard to know how to lay out the essay!
Any idea about which topics/questions are going to come up?
Original post by Cool_JordH
LOL, that's what I thought until I got a U on the exam :frown: But overall I got a C. So technically I really don't have to resit the exam, but to better my chances at A-level this yr, I need to at least get a B and actually revise this time!

Haha this is basically what happened to me! I got a D in philosophy AS so retaking to up the overall mark! I would just recommend you try to get a basic overall knowledge of all of the topic areas - then try to focus on sole philosophers, for example Kant, Aquinas and what they 'stand for' then that will help you relate that to the essay you're writing.
Original post by belzwantswood
Any idea about which topics/questions are going to come up?

There's been a lot of Plato in the last 3 years, so either it won't come up, or it's an easy one to fall back onto. Telelogical came up in January 2013, so maybe not... whilst it would be a lovely question.

I'm thinking ontological argument, possibly Kant, God as Creator?
Reply 24
Original post by AlfieGreen
There's been a lot of Plato in the last 3 years, so either it won't come up, or it's an easy one to fall back onto. Telelogical came up in January 2013, so maybe not... whilst it would be a lovely question.

I'm thinking ontological argument, possibly Kant, God as Creator?

hmm, do you think evolution will come up?
Original post by ojj_12
hmm, do you think evolution will come up?

Well, ‘God is the only explanation for the existence of life.’ and 'Explain the theory of evolution.' were questions on the Jan 2013 paper... so, it could, but I hope not haha!
I'm thinking because it came up as a question on it's own so recently it won't
Reply 26

Well, ‘God is the only explanation for the existence of life.’ and 'Explain the theory of evolution.' were questions on the Jan 2013 paper... so, it could, but I hope not haha!
I'm thinking because it came up as a question on it's own so recently it won't

Aww, I quite liked all that sciencey stuff :colondollar:
Reply 27
I'm also doing this exam. My teachers first year teaching it so she's just teaching it out of the text book :/ However there are some great videos on youtube that I found helped and a big textbook I've been lent. We also have the e-books for it. I have philosophy, ethics & travel and tourism on the same day so 5 hours of exams for me
Haha this is basically what happened to me! I got a D in philosophy AS so retaking to up the overall mark! I would just recommend you try to get a basic overall knowledge of all of the topic areas - then try to focus on sole philosophers, for example Kant, Aquinas and what they 'stand for' then that will help you relate that to the essay you're writing.

Yeah I'm literally doing that. Revised Absolutism/Relativism and Act and Rule Util. Took me two hours... Gonna revise the S/W for them and then onto Christian Ethics!

Is Aquinas part of Ethics? I'm dreading the exam. :frown: I actually hate this subject though. Never EVER would have picked it if I knew it would be this hard (A2)
Original post by Cool_JordH
Yeah I'm literally doing that. Revised Absolutism/Relativism and Act and Rule Util. Took me two hours... Gonna revise the S/W for them and then onto Christian Ethics!

Is Aquinas part of Ethics? I'm dreading the exam. :frown: I actually hate this subject though. Never EVER would have picked it if I knew it would be this hard (A2)

Aquinas was the main guy for Natural Law! I feel the same though, no one said it would be this difficult :/

Quick Reply

Latest