A2 AQA SPANISH - Oral examination - Preparation thread

Watch
jackalastomony
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi all - some of you may already had your Spanish unit 4 exam (oral). I was wondering if anyone had any tips to ensure high marks, correct use of subjunctive etc., or perhaps any exemplar questions on films/books? I am studying 'LCDBAlba', and 'Volver' - has anybody had any experience with these?

Thanks!
shooks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jackalastomony)
Hi all - some of you may already had your Spanish unit 4 exam (oral). I was wondering if anyone had any tips to ensure high marks, correct use of subjunctive etc., or perhaps any exemplar questions on films/books? I am studying 'LCDBAlba', and 'Volver' - has anybody had any experience with these?

Thanks!
Hey - good luck with it. I'm moving your thread into the foreign languages forum as you should find more people there who can help with your question.
Instinct 96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey- how are you revising for the oral? I'm not sure what to do!!!
thelanguagetutor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you'd like some practice here's an old GCSE Spanish listening exam. Also on the same link there are matching flashcards if you want to familiarize yourself with the subject first and then just generally there are other flashcards here including many taken from GCSE and AQA vocab' lists,
dina95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Instinct 96)
Hey- how are you revising for the oral? I'm not sure what to do!!!
Mine's in 2 weeks! I'm just mainly writing notes from the AQA textbook and printout sheets on kerboodle.com

Then I'm just reading through my notes on the film (Solas) and the play (Casa de bernarda alba) but i'm soo scared

Especially as I want to study Spanish in uni!
jackalastomony
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am not going to spend too much time revising the general topics - I think with 20 minutes to prepare and a choice of two tarjetas, as long as you have decent general vocal, you will be able to get 14/15 on that section without toooooo many problems. For example, on the first debating section, you only have to bring up 4-5 decent points and you are guaranteed 5/5 for "in response to stimulus material" on the mark scheme.

As long as you have plenty of views, and have already thought about some of the arguments the examiner might make, you can also get 9 or 10/10 on "in the face of the examiner" without too many problems.

As for section 2 - conversación sobre sus temas - Fluency and pronunciation (worth 5 marks each) are things that, again, you cannot really revise overnight to an extent that would change your mark.

Interaction and knowledge of grammar (worth 25 marks overall) are the sections I will be focusing on, in order to make sure I can get some nice subjunctives/if clauses/sophisticated syntax in my conversation, as well as high level content of text and book (volver y la casa)

I think that going over endless (and it really is endless) on the first section, when you get 20 minutes to prepare it, and its worth the minority of the marks, is probably not the best idea at this stage.

Good luck everyone!

(Original post by dina95)
Mine's in 2 weeks! I'm just mainly writing notes from the AQA textbook and printout sheets on kerboodle.com

Then I'm just reading through my notes on the film (Solas) and the play (Casa de bernarda alba) but i'm soo scared

Especially as I want to study Spanish in uni!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (73)
26.64%
No - I have already returned home (32)
11.68%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (57)
20.8%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (30)
10.95%
No - I live at home during term anyway (82)
29.93%

Watched Threads