The Student Room Group

I have no motivation to study!

I'm in desperate need of some help!!

My exams start in about a month (I do Bio, Chem, Maths and Spanish so I have nine modules in total and an oral exam) and I still haven't started studying! I know I should, but sometimes I just have no motivation! :mad:

There's no point in me turning off my phone or computer because I'll just turn them back on again. My revision is piling up and I get a lot of homework from my teachers. I end up going to bed at 2am every night and I am so close to falling asleep in class. Last year with GCSEs it was fine but the jump from GCSE to A-Level is so big!
Can I still get AAAA? I'm very confused and I don't know what to do, or even how to study now :frown:

Thanks for your contributions in advance :smile:

-Keith
Reply 1
Original post by Keith.

My exams start in about a month (I do Bio, Chem, Maths and Spanish so I have nine modules in total and an oral exam) and I still haven't started studying! I know I should, but sometimes I just have no motivation! :mad:

There's no point in me turning off my phone or computer because I'll just turn them back on again. My revision is piling up and I get a lot of homework from my teachers. I end up going to bed at 2am every night and I am so close to falling asleep in class. Last year with GCSEs it was fine but the jump from GCSE to A-Level is so big!
Can I still get AAAA? I'm very confused and I don't know what to do, or even how to study now :frown:

-Keith

I'm the same i have no motivation, i cant get going. But today me and my mum sat down and did a revision timetable and after doing that i feel a lot better about my revision as i know what to do when. I'm doing Biology, Psychology, English lit and lang and Philosophy and Ethics. So i have a very wide range of thing to revise.
Well, think of it this way.

It's not going to last forever.
The reason I've lost motivation is because, I feel lost about my career path now so I'm sort of like... Do I/ don't I revise for my 3 modules (3 repeats, chem on a gap year).
But it's only 2 more months - then I am FREEEEEE!!

Plus, you'll feel 10 times better knowing you worked, and, if you start working hard now, the stress will be sooo minimised so summer is a lot more enjoyable knowing you will be going into it more relaxed, knowing you've done the work, and you won't be as highly wound up.

But again, it's not forever. Which is a good feeling :smile:
Start now and you'll be grand!!
Reply 3
The way I get motivated is someone told me to think how I would feel on results day if I failed everything or didn't get what I wanted compared to how happy I would be if I passed
Every time I procrastinate I think of that and then I get my head down and revise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Results days on my Dads Birthday, that's my motivation and also I really don't want to fail and feel like I could have done more I want to do the best that I can :smile:
Reply 5
im way better at revising this year, thats partly because i didnt get the results i was hoping for last year but the way you revise is important too. This works for me and my friends do similar things;

- put your phone in silent or vibrate so you're less likely to notice if it goes off

- play classical music quietly... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYwqKKc1VCQ .. its long and there are no words so you don't notice the time passing, and you're not just sat there in silence. I pause it every time i have a break (even if I'm just checking my phone of something) so i can time how much revision I've done in a day, so if i haven't done enough i will feel guilty and do more :smile:

- make a note of the number of hours you have done for each module because then you can make sure you're not just avoiding the things you don't like, and knowing that i have done well helps to motivate me

- if you don't like making a long term revision plan, at the end of each day write down what you're going to do the next day, i find this works better anyway because you can focus more on things you aren't getting and don't realise until you sit down to revise, having not allowed much time for it in your long term revision plan

wow that's a lot ahahaha :P it really helps me though, so good luck :smile: xx
Reply 6
Original post by Cat123456
im way better at revising this year, thats partly because i didnt get the results i was hoping for last year but the way you revise is important too. This works for me and my friends do similar things;

- put your phone in silent or vibrate so you're less likely to notice if it goes off

- play classical music quietly... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYwqKKc1VCQ .. its long and there are no words so you don't notice the time passing, and you're not just sat there in silence. I pause it every time i have a break (even if I'm just checking my phone of something) so i can time how much revision I've done in a day, so if i haven't done enough i will feel guilty and do more :smile:

- make a note of the number of hours you have done for each module because then you can make sure you're not just avoiding the things you don't like, and knowing that i have done well helps to motivate me

- if you don't like making a long term revision plan, at the end of each day write down what you're going to do the next day, i find this works better anyway because you can focus more on things you aren't getting and don't realise until you sit down to revise, having not allowed much time for it in your long term revision plan

wow that's a lot ahahaha :P it really helps me though, so good luck :smile: xx

I've decided I'm going to make a list every morning during the last week of this holiday as I didn't do a lot last week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Jo890
I've decided I'm going to make a list every morning during the last week of this holiday as I didn't do a lot last week

Posted from TSR Mobile

i didn't plan anything last year and ended up with BCCC -.-
I barely manage to stick to my anti-procrastination plan, now I need the motivation to study...

:frown:
Original post by Keith.

-Keith

Create a chart of what you need to do. Then do it. Just think: 'I will do this today and then that is one more thing I can cross off'. This is something you should do for next year also.
Listen to music which really gets you pumped! I listen to my gym warm up (Eminem - berzerk, Flo rida - good feeling) and feel like I'm ready for a fight (against my revision haha!)

Quick Reply

Latest