The Student Room Group

Feeling down about my eyebrows getting shaved

About a week ago a group of mates thought it would be funny to shave off one of my eyebrows when i was passed out. Anyway, i woke up still drunk to find myself without one of my eyebrows and a mate of mine recommended me to shave the other one off as well, because it looks too obvious if only one of them is shaved. I have no idea if this was a good idea or not, but every now and then i feel a bit down over them. Pretty much every girls has gasped and cringed when they see me and my little sister is scared to look at me as well. A lot of other people just burst into laughter whenever they see me and others just feel the need to tell me how ridiculous i look. I tried covering it up with a sharpie and it looked quite realistic, but sharpies apparently stop working if you use them on skin too much. A week on and they've grown a little, but i still look a complete freak show and it's making me feel very self-concious because i used to look alright before.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? How have you dealt with it and how long did it take to grow back completely, if ever!?

Any ideas for the best way to cover it up or make them grow back faster?
Reply 1
Use eyebrow pencil from any sort of cosmetics shop for now, that's what my mate did when we took half of his off one time, it's more skin safe than Sharpie and probably easier to get good results with. Otherwise it's just going to take time to get actual hair back and eyebrows grow slowly.
Reply 2
Original post by 4RealBlud
About a week ago a group of mates thought it would be funny to shave off one of my eyebrows when i was passed out. Anyway, i woke up still drunk to find myself without one of my eyebrows and a mate of mine recommended me to shave the other one off as well, because it looks too obvious if only one of them is shaved. I have no idea if this was a good idea or not, but every now and then i feel a bit down over them. Pretty much every girls has gasped and cringed when they see me and my little sister is scared to look at me as well. A lot of other people just burst into laughter whenever they see me and others just feel the need to tell me how ridiculous i look. I tried covering it up with a sharpie and it looked quite realistic, but sharpies apparently stop working if you use them on skin too much. A week on and they've grown a little, but i still look a complete freak show and it's making me feel very self-concious because i used to look alright before.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? How have you dealt with it and how long did it take to grow back completely, if ever!?

Original post by Wattsy
Use eyebrow pencil from any sort of cosmetics shop for now, that's what my mate did when we took half of his off one time, it's more skin safe than Sharpie and probably easier to get good results with. Otherwise it's just going to take time to get actual hair back and eyebrows grow slowly.

Yeah, what Wattsy said tbh. Just use an eyebrow pencil similar to your hair colour. It shouldn't take too long for them to grow back :smile: Just search for eyebrow pencils on Amazon and you'll get a big selection of colours etc :smile:

Also your friends sound like dicks. Never understood the whole eyebrow shaving thing...
Reply 4
stick bits of your pubes on where your eyebrow used to be. Pritt stick should do the trick
Don't use a sharpie, I can't imagine it looks that realistic.
Ask a female friend who draws in her eyebrows to show you an actual eyebrow product to use and how to use it.
Don't use a sharpie! And I wouldn't even suggest eyebrow pencil, the best and most natural way of shading in your eyebrows is to get a slanted eyebrow brush and an eyeshadow in a shade similar to your own eyebrows, or slightly darker. Like someone else suggested, asking a female friend (one with GOOD eyebrows that look natural, you don't want them to look drawn on) is a good idea.
Reply 7
Original post by 4RealBlud

When you're sad, remember that you have complete control over your mood. No matter how great your mistake, learn from it and let it strengthen you. No matter how difficult your circumstances, continue to believe in yourself and keep driving forward.

Don't let anyone tell you, you can't do something.
Reply 8
Hahahahaha, I need to see a picture of you :biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending