The Student Room Group

MPil in Finance at Cambridge

Hi, I am a new user of the student room (regarding posting) though I am following various threads for quite a long time. I have some queries regarding MPhil in Finance at Cambridge. I will be grateful if some one can help me.
I have a plan to apply for 2015/16 session. Currently I am doing my MSc. in Quantitative Finance and Finance Engineering at one of the top unis in UK. My bachelor degree was in Finance and Econ with a CGPA of 3.83/4.00 from one of the south Asian Universities. My ques is if I achieve 1st class in my MSc., do I have any chance to the Cambridge program? What GMAT score will boost my credential?Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by AdnTih
Hi, I am a new user of the student room (regarding posting) though I am following various threads for quite a long time. I have some queries regarding MPhil in Finance at Cambridge. I will be grateful if some one can help me.
I have a plan to apply for 2015/16 session. Currently I am doing my MSc. in Quantitative Finance and Finance Engineering at one of the top unis in UK. My bachelor degree was in Finance and Econ with a CGPA of 3.83/4.00 from one of the south Asian Universities. My ques is if I achieve 1st class in my MSc., do I have any chance to the Cambridge program? What GMAT score will boost my credential?Thanks

of course u do, but it depends where u rank in class. if u are top 1% of students, it will work better. the GMAT is not compulsory and they don't really care based on what i experienced

(source: current m.phil. finance student)
Reply 2
Is anybody still waiting as me for a decision? I mean it shouldn't take them 5 months to reject you.
Reply 3
haha me too. i applied in jan and still waiting
Reply 4
Original post by finance101
of course u do, but it depends where u rank in class. if u are top 1% of students, it will work better. the GMAT is not compulsory and they don't really care based on what i experienced

(source: current m.phil. finance student)

thanks a lot:smile:
So you actually need another master's degree first before doing this one? My friend has been considering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending