plz tell me what you think this email suggests. Watch

Pauldf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
  • ok,so I failed a module this year and been trying to appeal, and I been getting advice from the student advice centre from my school. Last week I sent out my appeal form and asked the centre to forward it to the administration and got a email telling me to hold off submitting the form because my adviser was not around till next week monday. few days ago my appeal got rejected because I missed the deadline and the advice centre said they never told me to hold off the submission instead they told me to submit the form to the administration. although English isnt my first language but it seem pretty clear to me that they was advised me to wait.
    this was the email I got when I tried to submit the form:

"Mosina has gone home now, and won’t be here until Monday. I will forward your e-mail to Mosina for her to look at on Monday. In the meantime let your school office know and e-mail them the
    GP letter as a matter of urgency with the changes as per Mosina’s suggestion. Make sure you mark the e-mail for the attention of NECC.
    I will ask Mosina to contact you again on Monday. "

could you plz have a look at the email and tell me what you think??
  • ps:GP letter is something like doctor poof, it is not the appeal form that I referring to but it suppose to submit along with the form.
  • Thanks a lot.

• Andy
Knalchemist
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pauldf)
  • ok,so I failed a module this year and been trying to appeal, and I been getting advice from the student advice centre from my school. Last week I sent out my appeal form and asked the centre to forward it to the administration and got a email telling me to hold off submitting the form because my adviser was not around till next week monday. few days ago my appeal got rejected because I missed the deadline and the advice centre said they never told me to hold off the submission instead they told me to submit the form to the administration. although English isnt my first language but it seem pretty clear to me that they was advised me to wait.
    this was the email I got when I tried to submit the form:

"Mosina has gone home now, and won’t be here until Monday. I will forward your e-mail to Mosina for her to look at on Monday. In the meantime let your school office know and e-mail them the
    GP letter as a matter of urgency with the changes as per Mosina’s suggestion. Make sure you mark the e-mail for the attention of NECC.
    I will ask Mosina to contact you again on Monday. "

could you plz have a look at the email and tell me what you think??
  • ps:GP letter is something like doctor poof, it is not the appeal form that I referring to but it suppose to submit along with the form.
  • Thanks a lot.

• Andy
It means you need to send a scanned copy of the GP note to the school office, and in the subject title write NECC.
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There is no advice in the email specifically about the form. It does have the, ambitious instruction to 'let the office know' and it does advise you to send the GP letter. And they tell you they will pass on your email to your point of contact when she is back. Personally I think it would be pretty mean spirited to blame the student advice centre.
Pauldf
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zarek)
There is no advise in the email specifically about the form. It does have the, ambitious instruction to 'let the office know' and it does advise you to send the GP letter. And they tell you they will pass on your email to your point of contact when she is back. Personally I think it would be pretty mean spirited to blame the student advice centre.
Yes, I have done all that but still got rejected, I am not blaming anyone just that if the email message was confusing then I might have a second chance.
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pauldf)
Yes, I have done all that but still got rejected, I am not blaming anyone just that if the email message was confusing then I might have a second chance.
I could be wrong, but there is a possibility, that they are using the missed deadline as a convenient reason to reject the appeal as they view the whole thing as lacking credibility. There is something about your tone that suggests a lack of taking responsible for things that really are in your court.
Pauldf
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zarek)
I could be wrong, but there is a possibility, that they are using the missed deadline as a convenient reason to reject the appeal as they view the whole thing as lacking credibility. There is something about your tone that suggests a lack of taking responsible for things that really are in your court.
well,again I am just looking for advices on the email I got not trying to blame anyone for anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.69%
The paper was reasonable (1176)
54.27%
Not feeling great about that exam... (469)
21.64%
It was TERRIBLE (182)
8.4%

Watched Threads