The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Petroleum Engineering

asd
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi, I have also applied for MSc petroleum engineering in aberdeen, would like to know the reputation of university in petroleum industry, the teaching staff, the softwares and the linkage with industry for final project/ thesis
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
I have an offer for MSc Petroleum Engineering in Aberdeen but I don't know how good the school is and the graduate prospects. Though they don't have a group project which is kind of a downside for me.
Reply 3
i have applied and waiting for offer. only thing that worries e is their accreditation .. its nor accredited by EI or IMECHe ...what do u guys say about this .
Original post by razaakif
i have applied and waiting for offer. only thing that worries e is their accreditation .. its nor accredited by EI or IMECHe ...what do u guys say about this .

Doesn't matter at all. Accreditation is only for those wishing to become chartered engineers with the Engineering Council UK, not something that's all that relevant to petroleum engineering.
Reply 5
I do disagree. It is rather 'important', for a degree program to be accredited by an institute, it hence means that if accredited, it would be accredited by ECUK too, and when you apply for employment anywhere in the world, say America, your degree would be accepted. And now a days employers are preferably hiring Engineers holding Accredited degrees. So Accreditation is very important. As you mention Aberdeen, they are applying for accreditation soon, and they have a good repute so it should be accredited, as it's a new program there, and to be eligible to apply for accreditation a Univ. must prepare a portfolio, and that's exactly what Univ. of Aberdeen is doing as we speak!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
So any idea how petroleum enginnering is at UoAberdeen?
Reply 7
Original post by ibrahimz95

I just gone through the below, its give a confident to the student for picking this program.
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduate/H850/

If you are more concern on the program accreditation, then you should ask the dept of engineering further on this.

All my friends did oil and gas or structural engineering in Aberdeen university, and they all got job offered within one month, some even got offered before graduated.
Reply 8
Original post by ibrahimz95

It's the petroleum/oil Capital of Europe, so UnivOAb can't go wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending