IChowder
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello everyone, i will be doing the Religion and Life issues paper and the Religion and Morality paper in a month (GCSE AQA RS B). However, i am still finding it hard to answer the 4 markers and 5 markers. I would appreciate it if one of you could send me a sample answer and the structure to answer these questions. I looked at the mark-scheme but that was of no help.
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you tried looking at the examiners reports for each exam?
GreenPlum
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello, sorry I'm late replying to this thread, I've been waiting to pick up my stuff for this exam until today I'm doing the exact same exams as the OP, and the structure my RS teacher has given us for 4/5 mark questions is as follows:

4 Marks
Explain religious attitudes to the use of retribution in punishing offenders. Refer to religious beliefs and teachings in your answer. (this means "what do religious people think about this issue")To get all 4 marks here, you must show a clear knowledge and understanding with some development and/or analysis. You must also include at least one reference to religious belief or teaching.
For this question, mention what retribution is, what impact it may have on crime, punishment, and society as a whole, and write what a religious group would say about it.

5 Marks
Explain why many religious believers are willing to use only some legal drugs. Refer to religious beliefs and teachings in your answer.
For the full 5 points, you will have to give a detailed answer with some development and/or analysis, much the same as the 4 mark questions. You must include at least two or three well developed points, with religious reference to get these marks in your exams.
For this question, you may want to talk about why religious believers will generally avoid illegal drugs, and explain why they will still use legal drugs. For the religious references, you could talk about all intoxicants being haram in Islam, and therefore forbidden, preventing Muslims from drinking alcohol.

I also have the structure points for the 2/3/6 mark questions if you need them
IChowder
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thank you so much, this is so helpful . And no thank you, i know how to answer the other questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (29)
15.26%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (56)
29.47%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (75)
39.47%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.16%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.63%

Watched Threads