AS OCR English Lit help please! Watch

BethanyMary
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, okay so I was looking at the course specification today, as you do, and I came across this little nugget under the unit content for prose part of the exam: In this section, study of the chosen text must be complemented by study of a literary-critical text, such as the ones recommended on page 12. Study of the ‘complementary text’ will not be tested in a separate task, but candidates will be expected to demonstrate understanding of basic literary- critical concepts and approaches as presented in these texts. Propositions for tasks in this section may be drawn (or adapted) from these texts' okay we haven't studied a 'literary-critical text' (I don't even have a clue what that is) and it says must... is this something I need to worry about? if anyone can clear things up I would be very very grateful!
EvasiveRose
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BethanyMary)
Hi, okay so I was looking at the course specification today, as you do, and I came across this little nugget under the unit content for prose part of the exam: In this section, study of the chosen text must be complemented by study of a literary-critical text, such as the ones recommended on page 12. Study of the ‘complementary text’ will not be tested in a separate task, but candidates will be expected to demonstrate understanding of basic literary- critical concepts and approaches as presented in these texts. Propositions for tasks in this section may be drawn (or adapted) from these texts' okay we haven't studied a 'literary-critical text' (I don't even have a clue what that is) and it says must... is this something I need to worry about? if anyone can clear things up I would be very very grateful!
I believe it is referring to A03 and A04, as in you will need to provide critical references as well as readings to your answer

I.E; Marxism, Freud, Critics (Anne.K. Mellor), etc
BethanyMary
Rep:
?
(Original post by EvasiveRose)
I believe it is referring to A03 and A04, as in you will need to provide critical references as well as readings to your answer

I.E; Marxism, Freud, Critics (Anne.K. Mellor), etc
Thank you. Oh gosh. We've literally only read the text through. I think I might need to speak to my English teacher about this.
EvasiveRose
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you. Oh gosh. We've literally only read the text through. I think I might need to speak to my English teacher about this.
What text are you doing?
EvasiveRose
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What text are you studying?
And do you understand the basic critical perspectives? I.E. Marxism, etc
BethanyMary
Rep:
?
What text are you studying?
And do you understand the basic critical perspectives? I.E. Marxism, etc
We're studying The Secret Agent by Joseph Conrad. Umm not really... do you mean as in how the text relates to Marxism?
EvasiveRose
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We're studying The Secret Agent by Joseph Conrad. Umm not really... do you mean as in how the text relates to Marxism?
Yes. I'm sure your teacher can help you more though
Good Luck
BethanyMary
Rep:
?
Yes. I'm sure your teacher can help you more though
Good Luck
Thank you very much for your help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (100)
16.84%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (63)
10.61%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (105)
17.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (90)
15.15%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (59)
9.93%
How can I be the best version of myself? (177)
29.8%

Watched Threads