The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Both r good unis - but i would say Brisol is better.
Reply 2
I'd say Bristol is a nicer university.
Reply 3
I am applying for Mech Eng too! I applied to Bath Bristol and Notts among others, personally I'm still weighing things up myself, but here's what I know.
Bath is considered better for Mech Eng than Bristol overall, but only by a small amount. You'd be well off at either, I guess in general Bristol might be considered more prestigious.
It depends on what you want. Bristol has all the big city amenities and the facilities tha go with a big uni, but it also has quite a spread out campus. Bath is in a much smaller town and is a much smaller uni, so you may find yourself making the trip up to Bristol every once in a while. However I doubt Bristol could compare to Bath's new huge sports village which is absolutely free for use by students.
I was a little concerned by Bristol's reluctance to show us their facilities for engineering. They showed us one engineering lab very briefly at the end of the tour, and wouldn't let us see what else was available. There is a new building currently being constructed next to the main engineering faculty though, and apparently they're going to expand their equipment into that building so perhaps it's not so bad.
Reply 4
AFAIK the new bit at Bristol was mainly for Aeronautical/Civil Engineering, because it was to do with dynamics etc - they've designed it so they can fit aircraft in. Don't know how much Mechanical Engineers - or any undergrads come to think of it - will use it. Its probably more for PhD students/staff. I think they had a wind tunnel in it. The undergrad who showed us round said they didnt really need it, it was just a toy for the professors :biggrin:
Reply 5
equili3rium
I want to know which one is better for Mechanical Engineering.......

I'd say Bristol.

Latest

Trending

Trending