I need a B in AQA Law units 1-4 - is this a good study plan?

Watch
lmorgan95
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
  • Create mind maps for each unit/sub-unit
  • transfer key cases/questions to my flashcard app
  • attempt as many past papers as i can by reading the question, using my resources to think of the best way to approach the question then write the answer in timed conditions

I've never done Law before and need a B so i don't know if this is the most efficient use of my time- what do you guys think is the most efficient way to get better grades in law? (i have a lot of other exams so time efficiency is vital for me).
Thanks in advance!
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Revel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Whilst the mind-map idea might work in Units 1 and 2, both units in A2 Law are HUGE. You will never, ever be able to fit even the most important, condensed information into a mind-map.

In Unit 3 there is a "Part C" question where you must assess all of the Law you have learnt for that Unit, and then suggest critical reforms. On top of the Law and cases you have to learnt for the first three questions of the exam, this Unit is very big.
In Unit 4 there is an even bigger last question where you have to give a critical analysis on one of four "Concepts of Law" topics:

- Law and Morals
- Judicial Creativity
- Fault
- Balancing Conflicting Interests
- Law and Justice

You'll have to pick at least three of these topics to revise, as the exam will ask you about three of the five. This way, if you choose to revise Law and Morals, Judicial Creativity and Fault for example, and then Balancing Conflicting Interests, Law and Justice and Fault come up, you'll have Fault to answer.

I'd suggest that you type up all of your notes and arrange them in some colour-related order. For example, I typed up all of my cases in bold red which helped me remember where things were on each page; kind of like a photographic memory.

Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (138)
58.97%
No (52)
22.22%
Not sure (44)
18.8%

Watched Threads