Getting sleep pattern back to normal after years of depression and hormone problems?

Watch
drbluebox
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I was thinking to myself about my sleep pattern, well it has gotten somewhat better in the almost 3 months since beginning medication to restore my hormone imbalance i.e often at 10.30pm I get ready for bed instead of in the past feeling so tired I wanted to go to bed and lounging about till as late as 6am then sleeping 10-14 hours.

This being said I still need to sleep 10-12 hours its just I go to bed earlier often so I am missing out in one way or other i.e before the hormone problems which made my depression far worse I could sleep 8 hours a day and struggle to sleep any more so in theory I could go to bed around 1am and wake up around 9.30 so up early enough to have a long day and watch morning tv or whatever instead of waking up early but not being able to watch a movie or play a game before bed to relax me, and I can still sleep 8 hours and wake up and feel ok its just that my body is so used to its pattern so it takes hours for me to start normal sleep and its around the 7-8 hour mark I start relaxing in my dreams so thats why my body is sleeping longer, any less than 7 then I can pretty much just jump out of bed as if I only just got into it.

Just wanted some discussion on this, but bear in mind just telling me to try and go to bed and wake up at set times isnt much help though appreciated since my body and mind are so used to being messed up sleep wise, also I have a neighbour who can go through phases of being loud at night times most of one week, then not at all another week then every night another week or sometimes he may only be loud twice in a week but to the point of drunken whoop whooping, his niece walking around on high heels on wooden floor and laughing and giggling and slamming doors so its hard to set a pattern but I can sleep through just the two of them most of the time as they do not play music its only when they are so drunk they make the whoop whoop sounds or get worked up in a discussion or watch a comedy and even then I can still sleep through it its just I wake up every 10 minutes or so.
Pucca*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have ME (chronic fatigue syndrome), so I have a lot of difficulty sleeping, too. I was given anti-depressants but I decided not to take him, so my sleep problems aren't helped. Feel free to PM me x
Pucca*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
And also, I really hope your username is a really blatant Doctor Who reference
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (7)
35%
No - I have already returned home (2)
10%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (6)
30%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (1)
5%
No - I live at home during term anyway (4)
20%

Watched Threads