The Student Room Group

School: the best days of our lives?

Poll

Are the years in school the best of our lives?

It's often stated, but is it true?

What do you think and why?

Post your best and worst experiences.

Scroll to see replies

If these are the best days of my life then I better fetch the rope.
I suppose if you take out work, tests, assemblies, uniform
so pretty much everything school related
Reply 3
Yes. School days are the best. The only time in your life when you are truely care free.
At the moment I agree. I really miss it.
Meh. I hated most aspects of school, but I acknowledge that they were most likely the best days of my life. :erm:
I would have loved school if I had been pretty and not unpopular :moon:
No. I've left school and I hated it. I was picked on severely for being arty, and because I refused to conform and play pathetic popularity games. I ended up with severe depression.

Since I left, everything has been fantastic. Got a brill boyfriend, got my dream job, everything is great :h:
Reply 8
People tend to remember the good things and forget the bad stuff.

When I think back to school, I think about all the stupid stuff I got up to with my mates, the school trips and bus rides home..

I tend to not think about the 7am starts, the freezing cold classrooms, the useless teachers and horrible food.

That's why people look back on school years with a biased fondness.
No way, even though school was mostly OK for me.
If school was the best days of my life then I'd better start hunting for the nearest cliff.

My life has improved 100000000000x since leaving school.
Reply 11
When I was at school, having a good time was too good to be squandered on education!

I wouldn't say I was popular with everyone - seemed to get away with murder though. Perhaps it was the angelic 'lost boy' look!

Had to put a lot of effort in to education after I left school and it's paid dividends ever since.
the only good things about school were long summer holidays and world of warcraft.
School was legendary. Years 10/11 were the best but Year 13 is creeping up on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
The best days of your life will be when you get a job you enjoy doing and your disposable income shoots up after being a poor student for so long. It's awesome.
Doesn't surprise me that TSRians didn't enjoy school a whole bunch
Reply 16
If school is the best time of your life then the rest of your life is **** tbh
Years 7-9 were awful- I got bullied an awful lot and didn't have many friends I could rely on. Years 10-11 were amazing, I met my best friend and loved that time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
No. I've left school and I hated it. I was picked on severely for being arty, and because I refused to conform and play pathetic popularity games. I ended up with severe depression.

Since I left, everything has been fantastic. Got a brill boyfriend, got my dream job, everything is great :h:

What job do you have?
Original post by cheeriosarenice
What job do you have?

Hair stylist, makeup artist and model

Quick Reply

Latest