The Student Room Group

Further maths A level do you think i should take it?

Lets just say im not at the bet school our A level and gcse results are below the national average and i was doing foundatin maths in year 10 because i messed around in year 9. I easily passed that with just one week revision before the exam. I am now doing higher and in march i got a high B just not far from an A. The only reason i got that is because i self studied. My teacher isnt a good teacher and i cant understand from him because he dosent go through anything in detail therefore i self studied higher maths at gcse. I'm confident now of getting a A/A* and at my school its A to do further maths. I know at further maths i will have a better teacher because the teacher currently teaching me gcse maths cant even teacher a level maths/further maths. How hard is it and do you think i should take it (do i have the natural ability) ?
Original post by SunDun111
Lets just say im not at the bet school our A level and gcse results are below the national average and i was doing foundatin maths in year 10 because i messed around in year 9. I easily passed that with just one week revision before the exam. I am now doing higher and in march i got a high B just not far from an A. The only reason i got that is because i self studied. My teacher isnt a good teacher and i cant understand from him because he dosent go through anything in detail therefore i self studied higher maths at gcse. I'm confident now of getting a A/A* and at my school its A to do further maths. I know at further maths i will have a better teacher because the teacher currently teaching me gcse maths cant even teacher a level maths/further maths. How hard is it and do you think i should take it (do i have the natural ability) ?

Fast reflex and lot's of motivation to do follow up practice is what you need.

Quick Reply

Latest