Loughborough, Newcastle or Worcester? Media studies

Watch
woczlf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello,

it´s time to pick my first and second choice in UCAS and I still can´t decide which one should be dropped. I´m going to study media studies and I´m interested mainly in quality of university itself and which one can help me more in the future with finding a job. I care about quality of media course too!

Big deal is part time job too. I guess, Newcastle will be best place for finding a job, since it´s big city. But on the other hand, I still tend to Loughborough because of friendly and living campus. As international student, I would like to find some friends here!

Worcester is easy option because of low entrance requirements, but I heard some really bad things about uni including really bad image and accomodation.

What do you think would be the best 2 options for me?
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not Worcester! It's not a good uni, especially in comparison to the other two!
Ernest Hemingway
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Newcastle is a drinking city first and foremost, and the university seems to encourage this ,Castle leazes is a nightmare if you want to sleep or study, and rumours are their security is to be cut ,meaning more problems for those wanting to study!!!!!!!
rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Newcastle is a Russell Group university, so that will help after your course.

We get weekly emails about job opportunities (and they're also listed in the Courier, the student paper). In one of the emails, there was a list of summer jobs/internships and there were a lot of media ones on there.

Also, us geordies are the friendliest people in England.

I can answer any questions about Newcastle you may have (I study here, and I have lived in the area for 19 years!)

(Original post by Ernest Hemingway)
Newcastle is a drinking city first and foremost, and the university seems to encourage this
I don't think this is true.

You shouldn't go into the party halls and expect silence all the time for you to study...
bluebellmedic
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Which halls are the party halls? And please could you list the pros/cons of Newcastle? Ernest Hemmingway has worried me a bit! Thanks
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rayquaza17)
Newcastle is a Russell Group university, so that will help after your course.

We get weekly emails about job opportunities (and they're also listed in the Courier, the student paper). In one of the emails, there was a list of summer jobs/internships and there were a lot of media ones on there.

Also, us geordies are the friendliest people in England.

I can answer any questions about Newcastle you may have (I study here, and I have lived in the area for 19 years!)

I don't think this is true.

You shouldn't go into the party halls and expect silence all the time for you to study...
Lmao, not sure if serious. Could you explain how it will help you after? The only RG unis worth acknowledging are the target schools. Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial, Warwick, UCL

OP, I'd definitely disregard Worcester and recommend Loughborough. It's an amazing university.. I believe currently ranked around 14 on UK rankings. It's ranked first for student experience and all in all has a good atmosphere.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Loughborough is a very sports-orientated University. If you aren't into sport then I'd suggest you go somewhere else. Newcastle is party-central. If you are aren't into alcohol then give it a miss. Worcester is a newer Uni in a smaller town - many International students find this size of Uni easier to manage. You need to think about the sort of University where YOU will feel happiest - not the ones anyone here would choose.

Have a look at the Uni videos on You Tube - you can see what each one looks like and the sort of people who go there. And have a look at this advice - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...urance_choices
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.54%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.44%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (544)
48.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise