guys dont find anything romantic? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
was having a discussion with a friend and i said its a waste of time if a girl writes a poem for her bf or puts candles on the table or whatever because men dont appreciate it

fair enough if u are talented enuf to write poems easily but theres not point spending hours doing it cos men dnt like romantic stuff?

guys do u agree with me or not?
Robbie242
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I disagree

I love a bit of romance. You're generalising, some do, some don't. Find the ones that do if that's the kind of relationship you want.
Cylos
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No I love my romance.
You two are obviously in pursuit of the wrong types of guys.
Pucca*
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's so unfairrrrrr some guys love a scented candle
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If a gal wrote me a poem, I'd certainly have to treat her to a nice meal out

(Only for the first one though. After that's it's obvious she's wanting meals out)
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The most romantic gesture you're getting from me is a flavoured condom.
dreadpiraterach
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There's no point assuming that all guys don't appreciate "romantic" gestures, just like there's no point assuming that all girls do. Some, like my female best friend, find "romantic" gestures cringey and others, like my boyfriend, love them.
Chihiro95
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Cylos)
No I love my romance.
Aw where are these lovely guys in real life?
Bassetts
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For what it's worth, I would appreciate it. :ahee:
Cylos
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Chihiro95)
Aw where are these lovely guys in real life?
You're probably looking in the wrong places. It's not like we hide from you, we are trying to find lasses who want romance.
It's a shame neither side can find one another haha
Chihiro95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Cylos)
You're probably looking in the wrong places. It's not like we hide from you, we are trying to find lasses who want romance.
It's a shame neither side can find one another haha
Ah, I try to approach the kindest looking guys but for some reason it never goes much further than kissing and having great conversation. It's probably because I don't really pursue a relationship, I just leave them to do the legwork once we know we're interested in each other. I have to change my tactic, I think.
Cylos
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Chihiro95)
Ah, I try to approach the kindest looking guys but for some reason it never goes much further than kissing and having great conversation. It's probably because I don't really pursue a relationship, I just leave them to do the legwork once we know we're interested in each other. I have to change my tactic, I think.
I would say you do need to change tactic. What if the guy was apprehensive?
Both sides have to put the effort in :cool:
Ribbit1234
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't write a poem. I think romance is cheesy and gay. im a girl and hate romance
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would be flattered if a women wrote a poem for me. It would only go one way though as I am crap at that sort of stuff. I would still appreciate it though.
Chihiro95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Cylos)
I would say you do need to change tactic. What if the guy was apprehensive?
Both sides have to put the effort in :cool:
Yeah, I tend to be quite hot and cold in terms of interaction. I can be friendly or really flirtatious and get somewhere but lose interest too quickly. I'm aware the reason I'm single is because I don't make a continuous effort to pursue someone. I guess when I am ready for another relationship I'll see it through. I don't think I've met that person who I'm able to be completely myself around, though. Last time I had a relationship I found it more and more difficult to be myself and have fun so I just want to enjoy myself, whether that's being single or with someone eventually. I would love to find someone that's equally as strange and not afraid to show how they feel occasionally!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Ribbit1234)
I wouldn't write a poem. I think romance is cheesy and gay. im a girl and hate romance
have you ever had a boyfriend write a poem for you? I was exactly the same as you- someone who i didnt fancy wrote a (pretty good) poem and i was like wtf thats so gay. but its totally different when it comes from someone u love. my bf used to personal poems so not like sonnets or whatever but personal stuff
lucas13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
it really depends on the person, overall men are less romantic though
Ribbit1234
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
have you ever had a boyfriend write a poem for you? I was exactly the same as you- someone who i didnt fancy wrote a (pretty good) poem and i was like wtf thats so gay. but its totally different when it comes from someone u love. my bf used to personal poems so not like sonnets or whatever but personal stuff
yh i had this guy I liked (wouldn't say loved) quote and say poem like things. I just used to be like ew that's so gay. just stfu pls. he was the romantic kind when Im the total opposite. ngl it did make me smile and laugh sometime but id never show that
MASTER265
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
was having a discussion with a friend and i said its a waste of time if a girl writes a poem for her bf or puts candles on the table or whatever because men dont appreciate it

fair enough if u are talented enuf to write poems easily but theres not point spending hours doing it cos men dnt like romantic stuff?

guys do u agree with me or not?
Yes i do agree, enough with that bull**** and on with the action
The_Internet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Cylos)
No I love my romance.
As the above. I think if someone went to that effort, I would be like "Wow"! And even then, you should acknowledge them if they went to that much effort!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (287)
60.55%
Yes- I don't like it (23)
4.85%
No- I want it (129)
27.22%
No- I don't want it (35)
7.38%

Watched Threads