The Student Room Group

Parents change of circumstances

Hi,

my son is on yr 1 of 3yr degree and has maximum loan and grant for first year (2013/14) as I am currently single parent on low income. In June of this year I plan to move in with my partner and have a couple of questions

1. How will this affect his award for his second year ? I am currently applying and stating I am single mum, the financial info required is for 2012/13. When I move will I need to update them of the new household income and will his award then be reduced ?

2. Will his award for his 3rd year will be based on 2013/14 income when I was still single ? Or will the award be based on my new partners income too ?

many thanks to anyone who can tell me.
Reply 1
Mark Lee ?
Hello

We ask for the household income details, and if you move in with your partner before the start of the academic year, this means you should update us with your partners income as well. This is based on the Student Finance Regulations set down by the Government, so it would also affect your sons' award for the first year. Next year we will ask for both of your earned income from the 13/14 tax year.

Thanks
Reply 3
Thank you very much for your response.

Can you tell me what the Student Finance Regulations set down by the Government indicate what would happen if I moved in with my partner after the start of the academic year ?

many thanks I appreciate your time.
Hi Parent63,

if you move in with your partner after the 1st of September (the beginning of the academic year) then you are not required to provide the details of your income.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending