Explain why the Human rights act may bring judges into the political Fray Watch

Lauraalice.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
"Explain why the Human rights act may bring judges into the political Fray" (Govp2 Jan 2009 UK)

Does anyone know how to answer this question? Thanks
shooks
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lauraalice.)
"Explain why the Human rights act may bring judges into the political Fray" (Govp2 Jan 2009 UK)

Hey - I'll move this into the government and politics study help forum for you - you should get some useful help in there.
Prince Rhyus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lauraalice.)

Have a search for news articles along the lines of 'Judge overrules Home Secretary human rights' - this will give you some ideas.
Irish-girl-21
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shooks)
Hey - I'll move this into the government and politics study help forum for you - you should get some useful help in there.
Probably not much help but when we studied the judiciary we learned that the HRA was pivotal in motivation greater political activism amongst judges. This was due to the fact that the creation of the Supreme Court meant that British judges had to protect civil liberties. This caused greater and more frequent clashes between the executive and the judiciary. Eg Theresa May clashed with the judiciary over the Abu qatada case where the judges had to protect his right from torture and his right to life whilst the Home Secretary felt it was essential for public safety to deport the radicalist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.37%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.47%