Hoola Hoops
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello, I applied to study English Literature and have offers from both of these universities. Right now these two are the ones I really like but I am unable to decide which is better.

Judging from university league tables, overall Southampton has a better reputation and for just English, Newcastle has a better reputation. I really like the course in both unis so I kinda want to pick whichever one is better reputed.
Newcastle seems to have a better student lifestyle in general and Southampton seems more dull, but I don't know if that's a reason for me to pick it.

What do you guys think? Which one is a better university? (graduate prospects etc)
Give honest answers, please!

Thanks!!
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't get worked up about League Tables or 'reputation' - they really are meaningless and no way to choose a University course.

Look instead at the fine detail of the two courses - which one will hold your interest and enthusiasm for 3 years of study? Look at all the optional units for each of the three years - which units would you choose, and why?

Lots of general advice about Firm/Insurance choices here - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...urance_choices
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (641)
33.54%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.78%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads