The Student Room Group

Girls: Would you get with an ugly RICH guy?

If you're vain enough to think of yourself as good looking then would you consider dating a very ugly guy who is around a 2 or 3 out of 10 because he is rich. He has enough money to give you a huge house, stables, swimming pool, cars and world class holidays. You'll also not have to work a day for the rest of your life. However despite these perks, you don't love this guy and you think of him as boring because he doesn't share the same interests as you do. He doesn't make you laugh and you're actually quite repulsed to be in his company.

Or, would you prefer to be in the company of a guy who is a 9 maybe 10 out of 10 but be very poor. Think of this guy as the opposite to the rich guy.

Would you also have children with him?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, please enlighten. I don't want some gold digger on my oil field next to my gold-plated Ferrari and pet lions. :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by LJStudent
Yes, please enlighten. I don't want some gold digger on my oil field next to my gold-plated Ferrari and pet lions. :biggrin:

I'm thinking along the lines of rich but not excessively rich. Maybe £3,000,000.

He'll be able to afford nice things but he won't be able to afford EVERYTHING. He has enough money to provide a comfortable lifestyle but he he couldn't provide a celebrity lifestyle.
Some girls would, some wouldn't. It's impossible to know by asking a few people on a website...

Out of curiousity, what does a 2/3 out of 10 male look like?
I wouldn't, I would rather be with someone I loved
Reply 5
neither.
Reply 6
Original post by Gondur
I'm thinking along the lines of rich but not excessively rich. Maybe £3,000,000.

He'll be able to afford nice things but he won't be able to afford EVERYTHING. He has enough money to provide a comfortable lifestyle but he he couldn't provide a 'celebrity' lifestyle.

To be honest anything over £1m makes you rich and comfortable for life.

I have a feeling most girls will say "no" just on principle but if some were actually faced with said scenario, things might play out a little differently... :tongue:
Reply 7
Most people will probably say, "Oh no I have to actually love this guy like true love" and all that but we know that's not true.
Reply 8
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
Some girls would, some wouldn't. It's impossible to know by asking a few people on a website...

Out of curiousity, what does a 2/3 out of 10 male look like?

Not like me. I'm thinking in hypothetical terms here.

A 2 or 3 out of 10 male would have features the majority of people would find aesthetically displeasing. So I guess anyone with facial features which don't synergize together.
I want to be with somebody I love, it doesn't matter how much money he has I wouldn't be happy like there's something missing if you know what I mean :smile:
Original post by MidnightDream
I want to be with somebody I love, it doesn't matter how much money he has I wouldn't be happy like there's something missing if you know what I mean :smile:

I agree! if there is no love then i would feel unhappy and lost even with lots of money to buy me things!!!
Reply 11
No I wouldn't.
I'd rather be with someone I love. It sounds cheesy but it's true. If I love you and you have loads of money then that's a bonus but I wouldn't enjoy the money with someone I didn't care for. Everything would eventually get boring, what's the point of luxurious holidays if they are spent with someone who bores you? How much fun can you really have with someone who you have nothing in common with? Eventually I'd get accustomed to the rich lifestyle and it wouldn't be anything special. Money gets boring very fast unless you share it with people that you enjoy spending time with.
Reply 12
Definitely. Have children with him too. Enjoy the lifestyle.
And then cheat on him with sexy hot men for great sex.

That's the answer you all wanted, right? :smile:
Original post by Gondur
If you're vain enough to think of yourself as good looking then would you consider dating a very ugly guy who is around a 2 or 3 out of 10 because he is rich. He has enough money to give you a huge house, stables, swimming pool, cars and world class holidays. You'll also not have to work a day for the rest of your life. However despite these perks, you don't love this guy and you think of him as boring because he doesn't share the same interests as you do. He doesn't make you laugh and you're actually quite repulsed to be in his company.

Or, would you prefer to be in the company of a guy who is a 9 maybe 10 out of 10 but be very poor. Think of this guy as the opposite to the rich guy.

No. When I read the title I thought "yeah, if his personality was great", but then read the bit in bold. People are saying girls will say "no" on principle, but no word of a lie, I could not be with a guy who didn't make me laugh and whose company I didn't enjoy, no matter how much money he had.
I'm not denying that it would be nice to be "comfortable" and have loads of money, but I would honestly rather be happy. And I certainly wouldn't be happy with some boring guy with no personality, who I can't talk to and have a laugh with.
Reply 14
There shall be lots of liars on this thread :smile:
Reply 15
Id prefer to be with someone on a comfortable salary say about 35k but who i was in love with. True happiness cant be gained through material possessions but by having someone who u share a close emotional bond with.
Original post by eelnais
Definitely. Have children with him too. Enjoy the lifestyle.
And then cheat on him with sexy hot men for great sex.

That's the answer you all wanted, right? :smile:

This one answer is what every women on Earth is thinking! All women are the same, just after a guy's money!!
Original post by Gondur

Why do you think rich people have as many attractive girlfriends as they want?

Posted from TSR Mobile
This really is a tragic thread. I don't understand the obsession with delving into the female psyche, and I don't think there'll be any conclusive answers either.
ya but most rich men wouldn't marry a gold digger. They have play boy bunnies all over them so why would they do that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending