The Student Room Group

Revision apps

I travel a lot so i'm always on my phone, I was just wondering if anyone knows any good revision apps for iPhone? I'm studying biology, maths, french, english language and critical thinking (AS level)
Original post by mica-lwe
I travel a lot so i'm always on my phone, I was just wondering if anyone knows any good revision apps for iPhone? I'm studying biology, maths, french, english language and critical thinking (AS level)

There's a few for Maths, I think, but I don't knew if they are any good or not as I don't study it. If you've got quite a bit of data on your phone contract, there's a lot of people who do YouTube videos about particular topics which you could look at whilst on the go.

My most useful app revision-wise is a countdown app. You can put in the dates of your exams and it'll tell you how many days/hours/minutes until you'll be sitting them, which is useful for structuring your revision timetable as well as trying to motivate yourself when you've got 14 days and you're procrastinating playing candy crush or something, haha.
Its not exactly a revision app, but Edexcel have a past paper app that you can download.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Memrise and Quizlet are two apps, which are also desktop sites, where you can make your own flashcards and revise from them. Memrise is really quirky and cute, and will help you learn things in depth with its 'watering' system (it's based on gardening, for some reason, so you 'plant' memories, then 'grow' them as you learn, then refresh them by 'watering') - it's quite scientific in terms of how many hours it gives you between sessions and the number of reps you do for each term to move it from short term to long term memory. Quizlet is more basic, but you can do more activities on the site: races, pair matching, multiple choice tests, etc. Both really good for learning individual words and phrases, so they'd be good for French and if you have specific terms to get to grips with in your other subjects. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also Memrise has a points system and a scoreboard so you can challenge your friends - it sounds lame but if you're competitive like me, it's a great motivator!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thanks! I'll have a look at them :smile:
I would recommend quizlet too - it's really good for languages vocabulary learning.
Reply 7
Cramit is good for learning vocabulary for GCSE exams. There are versions for French, German and Spanish and contain the vocab provided by the exam boards so you're only learning the words you need.
Also, a good site for maths is Khan Academy, it's an American website but has tutorials and exercises (if you have an account you can earn points) from across all areas of mathematics, ranging from primary school level to A level. https://www.khanacademy.org
evernote is a good app to store notes and things which you can then view offline etc! check it out!
Ankidroid sounds similar to Memrise, where it shows you the flashcards more if you've recently written them/got them wrong and steadily less and less as you know they better. You can also tag/etc so you can revise just one subject.

Quick Reply

Latest