The Student Room Group

I cant decide between CMP at Westminster or Filmmaking at Kingston. HELP!!

So i didn't manage to get a place on the film and TV production course at Westminster which was my preferred course. So my choices now are to do Contemporary Media Practice at Westminster Uni or Filmmaking at Kingston Uni.
Both have their benefits which is why it's so hard to choose between the two. Westminster is obviously renowned for their film and TV courses but ive been told CMP isn't a very popular course. I've also been told to avoid mixed medium courses.
On the other hand, Filmmaking at Kingston seems like a good course too by what the course leaders and students have said, but im not sure whether it will be the best course in getting experience in the industry or not.

Anyone in the same position or information on the courses will help soooo much, thanks!
Yeah, I'm in the same position but between Kingston and Ravensbourne. I know one thing; I prefer a experimental course and ravensbourne is very technical and won't let me be creative, it's very technical and I can learn that by myself. Are you looking for a experimental degree?
My foundation teacher told me to go straight to ravensbourne without doubt. As I know Westminster is much better than Kingston or that's what people say.
When I went to Kingston interview I liked the place and the presentation of the course was really good but they have to sell their course and it's completely different..
Hi,

All our films courses are very popular and we have a huge alumni list as we've been going for 50 years for film The Kings' Speech producer Simon Egan was one of many who studied here.

If you wish to look at all our courses make sure to check the link here ---->
http://www.ravensbourne.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-2014-2015/film-tv-broadcasting/

If you have any other queries please check out our Facebook FAQ
https://www.facebook.com/ravensbourneFAQ?fref=ts or simply tweet @RavensbourneUK.

Hope that helped and good luck :smile:
Original post by BRJF_bejtus
Yeah, I'm in the same position but between Kingston and Ravensbourne. I know one thing; I prefer a experimental course and ravensbourne is very technical and won't let me be creative, it's very technical and I can learn that by myself. Are you looking for a experimental degree?
My foundation teacher told me to go straight to ravensbourne without doubt. As I know Westminster is much better than Kingston or that's what people say.
When I went to Kingston interview I liked the place and the presentation of the course was really good but they have to sell their course and it's completely different..

Hello all,
I applied late to courses this year so Westminster and University Arts London were already full unfortunately. But nevertheless I'd really like to start Filmmaking/production school in London or England generally this Autumn. I am looking for a place where I can grow as an artist while getting technical skills and is not just about getting you in the industry. I liked Kingston's emphasis on experimentation so I thought it'd seemed fine. But I am confused at people's critique of it, can anyone give me concrete evidence or info for some of its bad reviews? And could anyone please suggest a good schools in England considering my interests?
Cheers,
Hello all,
I applied late to courses this year so Westminster and University Arts London were already full unfortunately. But nevertheless I'd really like to start Filmmaking/production school in London or England generally this Autumn. I am looking for a place where I can grow as an artist while getting technical skills and is not just about getting you in the industry. I liked Kingston's emphasis on experimentation so I thought it'd seemed fine. But I am confused at people's critique of it, can anyone give me concrete evidence or info for some of its bad reviews? And could anyone please suggest a good schools in England considering my interests?
Cheers,
Original post by jjg95
So i didn't manage to get a place on the film and TV production course at Westminster which was my preferred course. So my choices now are to do Contemporary Media Practice at Westminster Uni or Filmmaking at Kingston Uni.
Both have their benefits which is why it's so hard to choose between the two. Westminster is obviously renowned for their film and TV courses but ive been told CMP isn't a very popular course. I've also been told to avoid mixed medium courses.
On the other hand, Filmmaking at Kingston seems like a good course too by what the course leaders and students have said, but im not sure whether it will be the best course in getting experience in the industry or not.

Anyone in the same position or information on the courses will help soooo much, thanks!

I have finished my first year of CMP at Westminster and I think it's a wonderful course. I was in the same position as you this time last year but having studied CMP for a year, I think it's a wonderful course. It sets you up for way more careers than a film-specific course but it's still relatively free, you can choose to use whichever medium you want, or experiment between media, which I personally have found very useful. The tutors and lecturers are also really nice and helpful, and have inspired me to push myself further and make much better work. Hope this helps you in your decision :smile:
Have you decided where you are going yet? If Kingston Film Making I'll be there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending