Basketball7120
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi

i am in the process of nearly finishing my GCSEs and am hopefully going to study in the US.
i have a few questions I would like to ask about going, if you could answer them or at least a couple that would be a great help!

1) Could you tell me any universities/ colleges that offer financial aid for international students or list some universities that are kinda cheap but are still good. Also am I able to get federal loans and if so how could I apply for one?

2) when should I start applying for a place?

3) I saw people on here saying they're going to UCLA. How could they afford it? It's like $40000 dollars a year!

4) I've seen a few universities could you tell me if they offer any financial assistance for someone coming from the UK. Here's the ones I've seen I really like the look of!
TEXAS A&M
UCLA
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI
UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS
ASU
FLorida international university
UNiversity of flordia

5) Anything else I should know or anyway that'll help afford the trip?

ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

- Miles (Oxfordshire,England)
devil09
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mileshooper)
Could you tell me any universities/ colleges that offer financial aid for international students or list some universities that are kinda cheap but are still good.
The best financial aid is found at the wealthiest colleges. Places like Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, Amherst, etc. are the most generous. Unfortunately, they're also by far the most difficult to get into.

2) when should I start applying for a place?
If you're applying early, by November 1-15 (it varies from one college to the next). The regular application deadlines are typically from December 15-January 15, with Jan 1-Jan 15 deadlines being particularly common. A few universities have later deadlines, especially if they're less selective.

3) I saw people on here saying they're going to UCLA. How could they afford it? It's like $40000 dollars a year!
Presumably they're wealthy.

4) I've seen a few universities could you tell me if they offer any financial assistance for someone coming from the UK. Here's the ones I've seen I really like the look of!
TEXAS A&M
UCLA
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI
UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS
ASU
FLorida international university
UNiversity of flordia
You're highly unlikely to receive any financial aid whatsoever from Texas A&M, UCLA, Arkansas, ASU, FIU, and UF. All of them are public universities, and public universities rarely give financial aid even to Americans from other states.

You may be able to get a scholarship at ASU or UF - they tend to be the most generous - but that is very far from a sure thing.

As a private university, Miami is very different from the others. Check the financial aid policies on its website.

Incidentally, that's a very odd grouping of schools. I don't see much in common except they're all in reasonably warm areas. UCLA and FIU are in totally different leagues in terms of academic quality, to pick two from your list.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (26)
13.33%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.15%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.62%
I need help with my personal statement (80)
41.03%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (50)
25.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.54%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
7.69%

Watched Threads