The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

English - Leeds vrs Nottingham

Argh

so heres the choice, a biggie (for me at least!)
nottingham or leeds to study english, both want ABB so no help there. i had my heart set on leeds - but only bcoz i never dreamt nott would make me an offer, so now ive got approx 15 days to make this desicion. ive visited both and nottingham is greener and has the better reputation, but leeds is more integrated with the city and is perhaps classed slightly better for english. so its tough, just when i find some statistic to push me one way or t'other i always find some different one. it seems a wasted opportunity not to go to nott if ive been made the offer, but then again i thought i wanted to go to leeds.
im so confused damn it.
plz help mes petits
Nottingham.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I'm choosing Leeds over Nottingham for Economics. Okay Leeds might not quite have the same rep but it's a good university and I would way way way way prefer to spend 3 years of my life at Leeds but Notts which I would find far too claustophobic.

I would say go for the place you would prefer to live for 3 years.
Reply 3
purpley
Argh

so heres the choice, a biggie (for me at least!)
nottingham or leeds to study english, both want ABB so no help there. i had my heart set on leeds - but only bcoz i never dreamt nott would make me an offer, so now ive got approx 15 days to make this desicion. ive visited both and nottingham is greener and has the better reputation, but leeds is more integrated with the city and is perhaps classed slightly better for english. so its tough, just when i find some statistic to push me one way or t'other i always find some different one. it seems a wasted opportunity not to go to nott if ive been made the offer, but then again i thought i wanted to go to leeds.
im so confused damn it.
plz help mes petits

Leeds. You thought you wanted to go there so there must be some deep underlying reason to choose it. (that and I'm incredibly biased!) But seriously, Leeds is more laid back from what I've heard. Nottingham tends to be more Oxbridge rejects
Reply 4
ditzy blonde
Leeds. You thought you wanted to go there so there must be some deep underlying reason to choose it. (that and I'm incredibly biased!) But seriously, Leeds is more laid back from what I've heard. Nottingham tends to be more Oxbridge rejects

hehe i'm an oxbridge reject and i'm off to Leeds! But then again I never wanted to actually go to oxford
Reply 5
i'd pick nottingham. it seem like a much nicer city....if you ignore the crime stories...
Reply 6
Look in the Nottingham section, there's a Leeds and Nottingham thread
Reply 7
VoodooDoll
i'd pick nottingham. it seem like a much nicer city....if you ignore the crime stories...

But Leeds has an equal amount of crime. You can't base your decision on that, they're both as rough as each other!
Reply 8
http://www.upmystreet.com/inf/sin/det/?l1=Nottingham&l2=UMS4292

there you go nottingham has much much higher crime rate than leeds

leeds cosmetivcally is so much nicer,with alot less 1960s monstosities

nottingham has the third highest teenage pregnancy rate in england and worse schools than hackney,i can prove it to you if you want

plus unemployment is much higher in nottingham than leeds

id pick leeds if you are comparing cities

voodoodoll is obviously talking rubbish,or went through nottingham with a blind fold on

Latest