Dilan97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
what happens if you do 3 as levels and 3 a2 levels and your final result is AAE and your university doesnt accept you? Do you redo a year studying that one subject or redo a year waiting for the retest?
Pulse.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Up to you really; whether to resit that is.
x__justmyluck
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
See of there's anywhere that would accept you through clearing. If you don't want to go to those unis then take a gap year and resit some exams.
beautifulbigmacs
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's a tricky one to answer really because some unis will look at AAE and think that a person is clearly capable of degree level study whereas other unis will look at those same grades as if you've not quite made it yet.

It all depends on the course/subject/uni, how competitive it is to get on and what their entry requirements and/or your conditional offer is.

(Original post by Dilan97)
what happens if you do 3 as levels and 3 a2 levels and your final result is AAE and your university doesnt accept you? Do you redo a year studying that one subject or redo a year waiting for the retest?
_-_Ella_-_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What unis are you applying for and what is the course you would like to do.
Dilan97
Rep:
?
bump, so is it possible people in the past have taken a year out of school just to wait for an exam resit or study an entire single a-level in one year?
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
bump, so is it possible people in the past have taken a year out of school just to wait for an exam resit or study an entire single a-level in one year?
In the past, some people have done anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dilan97
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
In the past, some people have done anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
how do you know
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
how do you know
Because I am Juno
Dilan97
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
Because I am Juno
Fair enough
Gridiron-Gangster
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Unless there were uber dramatic mitigating circumstances then you would probably have to resist the a level or go to your insurance or somewhere through clearing. I'd be more concerned about the fact as to how you could manage two A grades elsewhere and do so badly in another?
Pride
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
how do you know
Some kids do this!

It's pretty much a gap year for some. They might fill the free time with paid work, or travelling.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise