whatuni4me
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Any opinions on Goldsmiths University of London.....specifically the Journalism course if you know anything. I'm from the US so I'm not as familiar with schools in the UK. Any opinions/experiences/stories with this uni would be much appreciated!!!!
Triumph_Turtle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I haven't started uni yet but I've been inside and around Goldsmiths a few times as part of a program it coordinates with a few students in my school.I'm not sure what role the woman in charge has in the the Uni but she's honestly one of the nicest and most helpful people I have ever met.I attended a lecture where one of the admissions guys and a teacher spoke and they were pretty witty and funny (If that means anything to you).I only met about four of the students and they were all really chilled out and cool,probably since it's quite an "artsy" school.They told me that students tend to focus on activism and protesting quite a bit in the school,so if you're into Journalism that may be relevant.
The campus is pretty nice,they have a nice green square park thing between buildings and a nice mix between old and new architecture.Again I've only been there a few times but I can tell you a bit more about that if you want.

As far as transport goes there are two bus stops right in front of the entrance building(Which clearly has GOLDSMITHS written in front of it in massive letters -surprisingly helpful when you're going there for the first time ) and overground access, in the form of a nice train station that takes you to the shard pretty quickly, down the street.Since underground is kinda cut off in the area it can be difficult getting there if you're not used to London but just brush up on your transport and you'll be fine.

I especially liked how the campus kinda 'merges' with the city a little bit at the entrance so you can walk straight out.I remember they had little offices at the side near the entrance but I can't quite remember what they were for,something like financial advice?I'm sure actual students will be able to tell you.

Overall I really like the place,I'm actually quite sad I it can't be one of my choices since I want to study Earth Sciences.You should definitely so some more research into how they handle the specific course you're interested in and what everyday student life is like, but I can tell you that it sure made one hell of a first impression.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Goldsmiths, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 6 Nov '19
  • Goldsmiths, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening - Wednesday 20 November Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (33)
25%
No (99)
75%

Watched Threads