This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
The other day I bought a DAC hoping to sell it on ebay for a profit. Today I bought a cable to test it £8, but it turns out it was the wrong cable and I've also lost my receipt. As a result I've had to cancel my debit card in case people get my card number and use it.

So I am now stuck with a 2.5metre fibre optic cable which I have no use for. My mum says its serves me right for trying to be delboy all the time.

Argh well maybe I should just go into the student market instead.
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by imasillynarb)
**** Off You Stupid Geek
How clever you can swear.
zazy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
The other day I bought a DAC hoping to sell it on ebay for a profit. Today I bought a cable to test it £8, but it turns out it was the wrong cable and I've also lost my receipt. As a result I've had to cancel my debit card in case people get my card number and use it.

So I am now stuck with a 2.5metre fibre optic cable which I have no use for. My mum says its serves me right for trying to be delboy all the time.

Argh well maybe I should just go into the student market instead.
Ooh, that must be awful!!!!
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
**** Off You Stupid Geek
what's has he done wrong? he's entitled to make threads just like anyone else. Amazingtrade is a sound guy who hasn't done anything to piss any one off and i don't know why ur angry with him.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I thought shops weren't meant to put your whole card number on receipts anymore? They're meant to asterisk a load of them out.
AT82
Rep:
?
Thanks people

GIMP - Yeah thats what I thought but I was looking through my receipts and there was a Richer Sounds one which had the full number on it this was from Thursday so they still must have the numbers on some of them.

I just canceled the card because I didn't want to take any chances at all as I still have the overdraft in it i've not used.
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
I thought shops weren't meant to put your whole card number on receipts anymore? They're meant to asterisk a load of them out.
Well, thanks to a receipt I now have the card number of my teacher's debit card!
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by hornblower)
Well, thanks to a receipt I now have the card number of my teacher's debit card!
You've just comfirmed how glad I am that I canceled it.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
You've just comfirmed how glad I am that I canceled it.
What's a DAC if you don't mind me asking.
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bhaal85)
What's a DAC if you don't mind me asking.
Its a HIFI seperate basicaly. An audiophiles favourite toy. Its a digital to analogue convertor, you can get them in HIFI style boxes and they sound much better than the ones found in CD players. They are quite rare and sought after which is why they sell on ebay.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (167)
19.35%
Labour (438)
50.75%
Liberal Democrats (116)
13.44%
Green Party (48)
5.56%
Brexit Party (13)
1.51%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.46%
SNP (15)
1.74%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.7%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)