Spanish Watch

Jacob Rumley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I need to revise spanish but have no idea where to start... any ideas??
BaudelaireLucky
  • Study Helper
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Which exam board are you on?
Do you have a vocab list? AQA provide one so you should be able to learn that if you're on AQA
Past papers are also a really good way to revise for it, and for the listening section try listening to Spanish music/news, also read spanish news articles to improve your reading at rtve.es
I got an A* in the GCSE so I'm happy to help as much as I can
KingOneTwo...
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In order to revise for Spanish - I would suggest listening to Spanish radio and reading Spanish articles and books (and see if you can translate them into English). If there is a photograph, try and figure out what the words mean by looking at it.
I did this and got an A* at GCSE level.
jennywasteslives
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Duolingo is a brilliant website for daily revision (though not great for last minute!) apart from that, trying lots of past papers is great for working on exam technique and looking at how papers are marked
olmyster911
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Duolingo is definitely useful. Past papers do help too. I always think the listening papers give too long a pause between questions so they'll help you get used to that also.
thelanguagetutor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Here's an old GCSE Spanish listening exam for practice. With matching Flashcards and other Flashcards here including many taken from GCSE and AQA vocab' lists,
Venomclaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Past Papers obviously help. Print some out and do them.

Try Memrise for vocabulary learning.
http://www.memrise.com/course/193647...-vocabulary-3/
This is the most up to date course I've found. It's for AQA but it should be useful no matter your exam board.

Also make sure to practice your listening. Past listening audios help but also try watching Spanish YouTube videos/tv/films (cartoons are the best as they use simplistic language) and just listen and try to understand what you can.

You can listen to Spanish radio too, here. http://www.listenlive.eu/spain.html
It's good to listen to while you're busy doing something else. They talk fast, naturally usually, but hey, it'll make you grateful in the exam and you'll think, hey, the voices are actually quite slow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19
  • De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19

Do you give blood?