The Student Room Group

What grades do you hope you'll get at A level?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by TheAsian
A*AA, god willingggg (But I think A*AB is a bit more realistic, as I'm self-teaching further maths). I need AAC to get into uni

Did you apply to Reading by any chance?
The requirements for your course seems similar to theirs. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
I need AAA to get in but I'm hoping for A*AAA, maybe even A*A*AA if Further Maths goes especially well. As long as I get into my firm I'll be happy :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by Ché.
Did you apply to Reading by any chance?
The requirements for your course seems similar to theirs. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope! Imperial, it's actually usually AAAC but I've already got an A for Maths! :biggrin:
Reply 83
Original post by TSR561
A*A*A*A would be real nice, but the way revision is going I'll be lucky to meet my A*AAA offer.

may i ask what subjects you're doing?
Reply 84
may i ask what subjects you're doing?

Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. The offer is for Computing at Imperial :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by TSR561
Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. The offer is for Computing at Imperial :smile:

:awesome: why'd you say revision's going badly?

What have you done so far?

(I'm asking bc mine is going dreadfully, I haven't even started past papers yet!)
Reply 86
:awesome: why'd you say revision's going badly?

What have you done so far?

(I'm asking bc mine is going dreadfully, I haven't even started past papers yet!)

Oh alright haha, I just haven't been doing a lot compared to what I should be doing. The past papers I've done, I'm getting mid Bs on, which I'm not too concerned about just yet but probably should try to improve going forward.
Original post by TSR561
A*A*A*A would be real nice, but the way revision is going I'll be lucky to meet my A*AAA offer.

You will meet it! :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by Катя
Genuine question: is it quite easy to get an offer from a "typical offer AAB" course if your AS-levels are something like ABBB and below?

No definite answer to this. It depends on a combination of the university, your predicted grades, how competitive/popular the course is, your personal statement, your written reference and how willing you were to retake. I messed up on one exam for each of my subjects, but had As on the other exam showing I was capable enough of achieving the offers. I'm also retaking the ones I didn't do well in. I think the reputation of your sixth form/college may also play into it as well (I changed from a state school to an academic private school after Year 11), as I received offers from all 5 of my choices - reputable universities including a few RG. With something like BBB/c, you should be okay for an offer from an AAB course.
Original post by cathrg26
No definite answer to this. It depends on a combination of the university, your predicted grades, how competitive/popular the course is, your personal statement, your written reference and how willing you were to retake. I messed up on one exam for each of my subjects, but had As on the other exam showing I was capable enough of achieving the offers. I'm also retaking the ones I didn't do well in. I think the reputation of your sixth form/college may also play into it as well (I changed from a state school to an academic private school after Year 11), as I received offers from all 5 of my choices - reputable universities including a few RG. With something like BBB/c, you should be okay for an offer from an AAB course.

Reputation of your school plays no part, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need AAB for uni, hoping for A*AB though :smile:
Reply 91
I really want AAAa, in Biology, Chemistry, English literature and Politics but I think I'll end up getting ABAb. :/
AAB but don't think I will get that haha .hopefully my university is more lenient

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe off topic, but what's the best, most effective way to revise? I have three weeks. :wink:
Original post by Utterly-confused
Maybe off topic, but what's the best, most effective way to revise? I have three weeks. :wink:

Past papers..by far the best method!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Le.Bambi
I want AAA in bio, chem and maths but I think I'll get ABB :frown:

Join the gang sista
Original post by Masooda
I really want AAAa, in Biology, Chemistry, English literature and Politics but I think I'll end up getting ABAb. :/

No way, my name is Masood.
Reply 97
A*A*A-A*A*A* M, FM, Econ
Reply 98
Original post by yl95
You will meet it! :smile:

Haha thanks, I'm sure yours will be fine as well :smile:
Original post by TSR561
Haha thanks, I'm sure yours will be fine as well :smile:

Thanks. Gotta get the A* in FM as you may know -- I'm very worried about this. :frown: The grade boundaries are high so there's nowhere for me to slip up...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest