God, what is that song called?! Watch

This discussion is closed.
cymruambyth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I'm doing my nut in now. I've heard this song on the radio recently, it's a young American girl singing and the bassline is one of Nirvana's songs - Smells Like Teen Spirit. WHAT IS IT CALLED?!
gumbald
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No more clues than that?
suspicious_fish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cymruambyth)
I'm doing my nut in now. I've heard this song on the radio recently, it's a young American girl singing and the bassline is one of Nirvana's songs - Smells Like Teen Spirit. WHAT IS IT CALLED?!
Can you give me any lyrics? A single line would do.
gumbald
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by suspicious_fish)
Can you give me any lyrics? A single line would do.
Same here, a lyric perhaps?

Which radio station did ya hear it on, a scally station or some respectable other?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jaron)
Same here, a lyric perhaps?

Which radio station did ya hear it on, a scally station or some respectable other?
There are respectable radio stations?

Only Radio 2/4/5 methinks!

Put one line into google, maybe with the word lyric(s) on the end and it should come up.
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)

Put one line into google, maybe with the word lyric(s) on the end and it should come up.
That was my plan.
All hail Radio 4!
gumbald
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The inquisitor obviously isn't here to further our quest, I can't even think of any possibles. Is he sure it wasn't someone singing karaoke to Smells Like Teen Spirit?
_ELiTeCaRR_
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)

hehe my dad listens to R4 so do i when i'm in the car with him
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by _ELiTeCaRR_)
hehe my dad listens to R4 so do i when i'm in the car with him
I only ever listen to 2, 4, or 5. I used to listen to R1 a bit but to be honest I'm sure it's aimed at 5 year olds! And commercial radio is obviously *.....interrupts post to advertise PVC windows....* the devil. Can't stand it!
_ELiTeCaRR_
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
I only ever listen to 2, 4, or 5. I used to listen to R1 a bit but to be honest I'm sure it's aimed at 5 year olds! And commercial radio is obviously *.....interrupts post to advertise PVC windows....* the devil. Can't stand it!
don't listen to R1 in the mornings... it has that woman's DREADFUL croaky voice on yapping away
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jaron)
The inquisitor obviously isn't here to further our quest, I can't even think of any possibles. Is he sure it wasn't someone singing karaoke to Smells Like Teen Spirit?
What a horrible thought.
But on the radio? I doubt it.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by _ELiTeCaRR_)
don't listen to R1 in the mornings... it has that woman's DREADFUL croaky voice on yapping away
Chris Moyles does the morning now and Sara Cox does the afternoon, I thought?
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
Chris Moyles does the morning now and Sara Cox does the afternoon, I thought?
is it the one with the black avril lavigne like girl??? She has a really good voice...it's just a guess. It goes something like If you're ready to be, my everything something something something....

random stab in the dark
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Someone once mixed the vocals from 'Bootylicious' with the Nirvana stuff in the background...
I've heard some wacked-out bootlegs in my time.
One of the best was Eminem - Business/The Smiths (can't remember which song). Fab.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Someone once mixed the vocals from 'Bootylicious' with the Nirvana stuff in the background...
The Q Music Channel does mixes like that all the time. Luckily I don't watch music TV anymore.
lucerna
Report 15 years ago
Bah, they mix Nirvana with everything these days. MTV2 do it all the time.

Virgin and Xfm are good stations IMO, except at night. At night xfm goes all weird, and Virgin has those relentlessly annoying people calling in to moan about their lives for a good 2 hours. Can you tell I'm in an unsympathetic mood?
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
The Q Music Channel does mixes like that all the time. Luckily I don't watch music TV anymore.
Yeah I find I'll watch music TV for 4 hours and the whole time I'll just be skipping through and fighting the urge to spend tonnes on the phone to get a decent song on!
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Yeah I find I'll watch music TV for 4 hours and the whole time I'll just be skipping through and fighting the urge to spend tonnes on the phone to get a decent song on!
Give it a few minutes and this thread is going to be moved audi here
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Its the easiest kind of TV to turn into a couch potato over. I think I watched about 8 hours of MTV per day when doing my A levels.
I used to watch for a while but the repetition and the adverts got to me in the end.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Its not better now even though there's about 30 music channels. Flip through them to find the same song on about 10 of the channels...
Yeah and almost all the adverts come on at the same time. Obviously a scam! You can't hide from them.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (73)
19.73%
Labour (178)
48.11%
Liberal Democrats (52)
14.05%
Green Party (22)
5.95%
Brexit Party (5)
1.35%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.81%
SNP (8)
2.16%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.81%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.62%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)