Rude Asda staff. Watch

PricklyPorcupine
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't call them rude. It's just some of them aren't very attentive e.g. if you're stuck on the self check-outs they wont really notice. However, in most cases this can be solved by being polite and smiling at them; if they feel valued they are more likely to want to help you.
Red one
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Silver Arrows)
Because they get paid for it. And people need money to pay for a house, car, food & other essentials. You'll find that out in the real world though.

I agree, I don't think anyone is 'too good' for any job.

If you actually worked at Asda, or in fact any supermarket or just in retail at all, you'll quickly discover the soul-destroying nature of it. They have to deal with awkward customers who kick off about something that isn't there fault, day in day out. It's unfair to tell them to 'give it 100%' if you haven't actually experienced what they experience. Plus a lot of them are on minimum or just above minimum wage. The financial motivation just isn't there for them.
Even if your sole-motivation is money you shouldn't be acting rude and being generally unhelpful to the customers that are paying your wages.
"Soul destroying" Spare me the theatrics, parking your ass on a chair and watching items traverse on a conveyor belt is not hard. Neither is any other Asda job.

Soul destroying is working in a coal mine or an oil rig and risking your life or cleaning toilets while someone takes a dump two cubicles away from you. Working in Asda is not hard, so please tone it down. :rolleyes:

(Original post by Jaegon Targaryen)
Because people have bills to pay duh

Have you ever been raped through the earhole ? Because I can honestly say after about 3 hours on a checkout thats what it feels like , if you was to work for asda I guarantee after a month you will despise it .

You can't expect someone working in that sort of job to be all smiles 24/7 , I think the job is absolutely soul destroying tbh . like modern work houses imo and having worked in retail I can't blame them for acting the way they do.
Ear-rape? Maybe if you were more enthusiastic about the people you're serving you might find the ear rape bearable. I'm not sure how sitting on your ass is considered soul destroying.

I'm not asking for you to be a robot and be perfect 24/7 however being courteous shouldn't be something you switch on and off it's common decency.

(Original post by Leftee)
Do you have a silver spoon up your ass, OP? Have you even had a job before?

I want to believe you're just trolling (again) because you can't be that naive.
I've never had a job, no. Though I'm not sure why that's relevant at all seeing as I was the customer an' all.

The customer is always right first rule of retail, no?
Jaegon Targaryen
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Red one)
Even if your sole-motivation is money you shouldn't be acting rude and being generally unhelpful to the customers that are paying your wages.
"Soul destroying" Spare me the theatrics, parking your ass on a chair and watching items traverse on a conveyor belt is not hard. Neither is any other Asda job.

Soul destroying is working in a coal mine or an oil rig and risking your life or cleaning toilets while someone takes a dump two cubicles away from you. Working in Asda is not hard, so please tone it down. :rolleyes:

Ear-rape? Maybe if you were more enthusiastic about the people you're serving you might find the ear rape bearable. I'm not sure how sitting on your ass is considered soul destroying.

I'm not asking for you to be a robot and be perfect 24/7 however being courteous shouldn't be something you switch on and off it's common decency.

I've never had a job, no. Though I'm not sure why that's relevant at all seeing as I was the customer an' all.

I really can't take you serious as you've never worked a day in your life.

Blablabla Silver spoon fed Blablabla Daddy pays for my Iphone BlaBlaBla Trust fund

Just because you've been spoon fed all your life don't expect the real world to treat you like a princess

Sit the **** down on your privelleged ass and be quiet.

When you have had a job then you can talk

Yours sincerely ,

Mr held down a job since I was sixteen
Silver Arrows
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

You just don't understand. Some day you will...maybe...hopefully :moon:
Inazuma
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The nearest waitrose is a 40 min drive from me whereas Asda is like 20mins.

Being treated with courtesy and respect shouldn't cost me 20mins of my time.
You have to pay for good service... go to Waitrose

or your future husband who will pay for everything can take you there
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by marinaim)
You have to pay for good service... go to Waitrose
Just make sure to take a loan first.
Inazuma
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dumachi)
Just make sure to take a loan first.
It's really not that expensive
Jaegon Targaryen
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
But who pays for it , you or your parents :rolleyes:
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used to work for a supplier to ASDA.

Before the staff entered the shop floor, a notice said' Rule no 1- the customer is always right. Rule no 2- if in doubt refer to rule no 1.'

Presumably the notice has disappeared.
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am too use to Asda and Aldi's prices
Inazuma
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
But who pays for it , you or your parents :rolleyes:
both. I pay for it when I go, and they pay for it when they go to buy things for home. obvs.

(Original post by Dumachi)
I am too use to Asda and Aldi's prices

never been inside an aldi, don't even know where one it :O asda maybe been in once
I like my meat decent quality and not from the EU where they mass farm it. Plus a lot of meat is halal, the lest of it is in Waitrose.
Animal Welfare will never be in Aldi etc. so
Red one
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I really can't take you serious as you've never worked a day in your life.

Blablabla Silver spoon fed Blablabla Daddy pays for my Iphone BlaBlaBla Trust fund

Just because you've been spoon fed all your life don't expect the real world to treat you like a princess

Sit the **** down on your privelleged ass and be quiet.

When you have had a job then you can talk

Yours sincerely ,

Mr held down a job since I was sixteen

There's no need to insult my character because I disagreed with your outrageous claim that working the check-outs at Asda is "soul-destroying". If you dislike people maybe refuse to go on check-outs and just do the unpacking/manual labour or even security.

See this is what I meant when I was referring to the entitlement culture that so many people have these days, doing your job shouldn't be something the customer has to ask for. You're there to work not get paid for doing squat.

Again, why do I need to have a job before I can call you rude for being a **** to the people who'll pay your wages.

You've had a job since you were sixteen, okay, should I be impressed? Or do you want a medal from me?

My parents are not wealthy and I certainly don't have a trust fund. You're being unreasonable now... :rolleyes:
Black Cat
Report 5 years ago
Why not pack your own bags instead of waiting for them to do it for you?
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ease up! It's Asda, not Fortnam & Masons.
SuperWolfPaws
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i seriously advice you get your first job in retail. The staff can take sooo much **** from customers, you are looking at your experience from a rather self entitled perspective.
Asda do not pay a living wage even though they could, very easily.
And they even have no problem with taking on unpaid staff for 'work experience'.
If you were working in an office, chances are you would be allowed a light hearted exchange with your colleagues from time to time. I see no difference with a checkout worker, especially as they are being paid considerably less, whilst suffering unjust rudeness from self-entitled selfish individuals.
Jaegon Targaryen
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
both. I pay for it when I go, and they pay for it when they go to buy things for home. obvs.

never been inside an aldi, don't even know where one it :O asda maybe been in once
I like my meat decent quality and not from the EU where they mass farm it. Plus a lot of meat is halal, the lest of it is in Waitrose.
Animal Welfare will never be in Aldi etc. so
Lol is there something wrong with halaal meat now ? God you sound like such a snob sorry but just lol

There's no need to insult my character because I disagreed with your outrageous claim that working the check-outs at Asda is "soul-destroying". If you dislike people maybe refuse to go on check-outs and just do the unpacking/manual labour or even security.

See this is what I meant when I was referring to the entitlement culture that so many people have these days, doing your job shouldn't be something the customer has to ask for. You're there to work not get paid for doing squat.

Again, why do I need to have a job before I can call you rude for being a **** to the people who'll pay your wages.

You've had a job since you were sixteen, okay, should I be impressed? Or do you want a medal from me?

My parents are not wealthy and I certainly don't have a trust fund. You're being unreasonable now... :rolleyes:
It really isn't outrageous , I actually love people but the job has admittedly made me dislike the human race much more .

It's difficult to put into words why working in such a job can be so depressing as you assume people are just sitting on a chair all day , lol so now I can tell my manager what to do ? :rolleyes:

I really cba to repeat what i've already said but generally when people join the job they are happy to bend over backwards for customers , but the majority of customers these days are ***** who just make you hate your job and thus most employees are going to put minimum effort into the job they do.
Inazuma
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol is there something wrong with halaal meat now ? God you sound like such a snob sorry but just lol
I beg to differ since when was animal welfare 'snobby'. That's a horrendous attitude to have. Why don't I mass farm you just because people want to eat you and have your life for that little bit cheaper.
Hey, what's wrong with genetically breeding chickens with no claws and beaks so they can't hurt each other when mass farmed just to save a few pence?

and again, the problem with it is animal welfare.
It's ridiculous pushing down the price at the cost of animal welfare. Think EU meant needs to be banned, and halal too. Oh and Kosher.
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They way animals are bullied is disgusting.
lucaf
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If I got a job at Asda I'd give it my 100% and sure I'd have bad days at work like everyone but I wouldn't moan or tell customers to give me a break because I didn't want to work there. :rolleyes:
that is a little rich coming from someone who has never had a job and never wants one
Jaegon Targaryen
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I beg to differ since when was animal welfare 'snobby'. That's a horrendous attitude to have. Why don't I mass farm you just because people want to eat you and have your life for that little bit cheaper.
Hey, what's wrong with genetically breeding chickens with no claws and beaks so they can't hurt each other when mass farmed just to save a few pence?

and again, the problem with it is animal welfare.
It's ridiculous pushing down the price at the cost of animal welfare. Think EU meant needs to be banned, and halal too. Oh and Kosher.
I suppose if you can afford to be picky about your meat then go ahead , for the masses though survival > animal welfare.

Especially if you eat lots of meat , you can end up spending triple what you usually would , which is very impractical.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (317)
15.3%
The paper was reasonable (1134)
54.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (454)
21.91%
It was TERRIBLE (167)
8.06%

Watched Threads