Rude Asda staff. Watch

Tom78
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Red one)
Have we met? :rolleyes:

Why sign up to a job if you're not going to give it your 100%?

This entitlement culture of everyone wanting to be a doctor or a lawyer is ridiculous, we need cleaners and garbage people.
People thinking that some jobs are beneath them is ridiculous.

If I got a job at Asda I'd give it my 100% and sure I'd have bad days at work like everyone but I wouldn't moan or tell customers to give me a break because I didn't want to work there. :rolleyes:
Well how are people caught up in a a poverty trap supposed to be cabinet politicians? You try being working class.
lucaf
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jaegon Targaryen)
I suppose if you can afford to be picky about your meat then go ahead , for the masses though survival > animal welfare.

Especially if you eat lots of meat , you can end up spending triple what you usually would , which is very impractical.
to be fair, meat is not necessary for survival. If you have an issue with animal welfare you can quite easily go without it.
Inazuma
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jaegon Targaryen)
I suppose if you can afford to be picky about your meat then go ahead , for the masses though survival > animal welfare.

Especially if you eat lots of meat , you can end up spending triple what you usually would , which is very impractical.
ah well, only giving your life for no-one to give a ****.
Lol. I do not and will never acknowledge that as an argument.
I guarantee if you were the chicken ready to go to aldi you would be begging people to actually care about your welfare.
But I guess some people just couldn't care less about the sanctity of life.

I'd like anyone with this attitude to go visit a slaughterhouse and come out with the same attitude.

Even better, kill it themselves.

I wish they would ban any low welfare meat. Then the EoS would rise and it would lower in price, rather than simply being a 'choice' for the 'picky' who care about the life of the animal they are eating..
Jaegon Targaryen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lucaf)
to be fair, meat is not necessary for survival. If you have an issue with animal welfare you can quite easily go without it.
Shhhhh

For the record I was raised a vegetarian until I was about 12 years old , ate my first chicken wing and never looked back now I eat everything.

Meat is a must for a man.
lucaf
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
also, the first guy did what you asked of him and I am pretty sure checkout workers don't generally pack your bags for you. what the hell were you expecting from them?
Sir Killalot
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
To cut a long story short I was Asda, no more than 2 hours ago, and I encountered a slew of despicable and frankly uncouth Asda workers. From the unhelpful shop-floor workers to the unpleasant check-out people.

I asked a guy working on the shop floor where the gluten free bread was and he directed me to an empty receptacle. He shrugged when I asked him if they had more in storage. So I just walked way from him while he was explaining to me possible alternatives.

And the check-out girl was too busy speaking to her friend on the opposite counter to pack my bags. When I asked her for more bags she drew a blank face and continued to bury my shopping under a mountain of plastic bags.

Seriously, why work at a place if you don't want to be there? People need to be enthusiastic about their jobs.

:rolleyes:
I guess I'm right in assuming you've never worked in retail?
Red one
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Sir Killalot)
I guess I'm right in assuming you've never worked in retail?

At this point you guys are just mulling over the same point in a tightfisted manner only considering the opinions of those that have braved the "soul-destroying" and "ear-raping" retail sector.

It's actually quite pathetic.
Red one
Rep:
?
(Original post by lucaf)
also, the first guy did what you asked of him and I am pretty sure checkout workers don't generally pack your bags for you. what the hell were you expecting from them?

A courtesy "hello, can I help you?" is a good start. And smile, this is retail 101 come on. :rolleyes:
Dr Alcoholic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you don't like it, shop somewhere else.
Leftee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why are people still arguing with OP when we've already established she doesn't know what she's talking about. /thread
Dr Alcoholic
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
To cut a long story short I was Asda, no more than 2 hours ago, and I encountered a slew of despicable and frankly uncouth Asda workers. From the unhelpful shop-floor workers to the unpleasant check-out people.

I asked a guy working on the shop floor where the gluten free bread was and he directed me to an empty receptacle. He shrugged when I asked him if they had more in storage. So I just walked way from him while he was explaining to me possible alternatives.

And the check-out girl was too busy speaking to her friend on the opposite counter to pack my bags. When I asked her for more bags she drew a blank face and continued to bury my shopping under a mountain of plastic bags.

Seriously, why work at a place if you don't want to be there? People need to be enthusiastic about their jobs.

You were the one being rude with the part in bold. He didn't know where the gluten free bread was but he offered to help with alternatives. If you didn't like the alternative you could have just asked him to check with someone for the product you wanted and I'm sure he would have obliged.

Clearly op from the comments you are acting a bit entitled here and should pipe down with your melodrama.
Red one
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leftee)
Why are people still arguing with OP when we've already established she doesn't know what she's talking about. /thread
Has my post where I said that retail is an easy job sector rubbed you the wrong way? If so good.

Either quit your job or actually do the job with a smile. You could learn a thing or two from the Eastern European folk they've got a strong work ethic that I believe is lacking from the entitled lot of which you're no doubt a member.
JamesyC
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The nearest waitrose is a 40 min drive from me whereas Asda is like 20mins.

Being treated with courtesy and respect shouldn't cost me 20mins of my time.
L2farm if you don't like the staff in supermarkets.
RedArrow
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A courtesy "hello, can I help you?" is a good start. And smile, this is retail 101 come on. :rolleyes:
Obvious that you missed me
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Even if your sole-motivation is money you shouldn't be acting rude and being generally unhelpful to the customers that are paying your wages.
"Soul destroying" Spare me the theatrics, parking your ass on a chair and watching items traverse on a conveyor belt is not hard. Neither is any other Asda job.

Soul destroying is working in a coal mine or an oil rig and risking your life or cleaning toilets while someone takes a dump two cubicles away from you. Working in Asda is not hard, so please tone it down. :rolleyes:

Ear-rape? Maybe if you were more enthusiastic about the people you're serving you might find the ear rape bearable. I'm not sure how sitting on your ass is considered soul destroying.

I'm not asking for you to be a robot and be perfect 24/7 however being courteous shouldn't be something you switch on and off it's common decency.

I've never had a job, no. Though I'm not sure why that's relevant at all seeing as I was the customer an' all.

The customer is always right first rule of retail, no?
You speak with the air of one who really has no clue about what they are talking about.

Firstly "paying your wages?" You really think that if you never went in there again it would impact in the slightest on ASDA's staff wages? Get over yourself.

Secondly. - Seeing as you've never had a job you really cant comment on what makes work soul destroying or not?

Thirdly seeing as you've never had a job your in no position to say how hard it is.

Fourthly - you've never had a job and you've certainly never worked a coal mine.

Fifthly - admittedly i live in a nice country but even when I worked in a supermarket, you still get the odd one who just looks on you as if your dirt on thier shoe. And having had the misfortune of living in the UK - you are one of the rudest people people I've met so I can imagine just exactly how horrible it must be to work in ASDA

Sixthly - i agree manners are free, but seeing as you walked away when the staff member was trying to propose an alternative maybe you could do with learning a few.

Seventhly - you've never had a job so you dont know just how mind rottingly boring sitting at a till can be.

(Original post by lucaf)
that is a little rich coming from someone who has never had a job and never wants one
Tbf - if i had the money where i didnt need to work (not benefits), i wouldn't work.
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I had a very nice encounter with checkout clerk today.

He smiled at the beginning and said good-bye.
Leftee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Has my post where I said that retail is an easy job sector rubbed you the wrong way? If so good.

Either quit your job or actually do the job with a smile. You could learn a thing or two from the Eastern European folk they've got a strong work ethic that I believe is lacking from the entitled lot of which you're no doubt a member.
Didn't even see that comment & never worked in retail, so nope.

Your posts are so boring and clearly designed to provoke. Don't you have anything better to do, honestly?
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Leftee)
Didn't even see that comment & never worked in retail, so nope.

You're posts are so boring and clearly designed to provoke. Don't you have anything better to do, honestly?
Unhand her you ruffian.
Old_Simon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

I wouldn't serve you either.
SuperWolfPaws
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Your making generalisations. Please establish your own work ethic first before you accuse, as very apparent you do not have one.
YOU are the one entitled, lacking compassion and bitter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (316)
15.3%
The paper was reasonable (1132)
54.79%
Not feeling great about that exam... (453)
21.93%
It was TERRIBLE (165)
7.99%

Watched Threads