DontBlink14
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Right so, long story short, we have just found out today that our idiot of a media teacher has been teaching us the wrong specification all year. We've been taught a case study based on identities, which is actually the 2015 spec, not the 2014 one, which is representations.

I'm freaking out, I know I'll be able to learn it if I put the work in, but I don't know where to start. Does anyone have any notes or help they could give me for A2 AQA Media Studies?

Anything will be appreciated and you'll be my best friend for life promise.
Pulse.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm willing to help out if you want though id rather not be anyones best friend for life. What specifically did you want to know? For our case study on Representations we did disability and handicapped in the media; pretty easy one if you ask me.

But yes what did you want to know?
DontBlink14
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pulse.)
I'm willing to help out if you want though id rather not be anyones best friend for life. What specifically did you want to know? For our case study on Representations we did disability and handicapped in the media; pretty easy one if you ask me.

But yes what did you want to know?
Oh, no best friend? Damn... ok then

Our case study was on women, so I think I'll be able to work around that fine. See we've been taught on identity rather than representation, which is similar but I'm just generally confused on what I'm doing now. I'm scared everything we've learned is irrelevant!

Do you have any theorists I should definitely know about? And anything on globalisation or anything, because our teacher has never mentioned any of that and it's all over the spec lol
Also, do you think having a case study on women is good enough? I'm wondering whether I should expand it to both genders so I'm not limited

thank you
Pulse.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DontBlink14)
Oh, no best friend? Damn... ok then

Our case study was on women, so I think I'll be able to work around that fine. See we've been taught on identity rather than representation, which is similar but I'm just generally confused on what I'm doing now. I'm scared everything we've learned is irrelevant!

Do you have any theorists I should definitely know about? And anything on globalisation or anything, because our teacher has never mentioned any of that and it's all over the spec lol
Also, do you think having a case study on women is good enough? I'm wondering whether I should expand it to both genders so I'm not limited

thank you
A case study on women would be great for identities but a bit too low level for the representations case study was the impression I received from my teacher. Really don't worry about it though because its generally a really easy paper; I'm sure your fine with Section A which are the four 12 Markers? Section B is just a case of making an essay structure, revising it over and over and writing out the essay in the exam.

As for theorists its damn certain you'll put something in there about Marx's Social Hegemony Theory and Top Down Structure. I'm afraid that is all I would know about women but I'm sure you could research and find something in no time. When we were taught Globalisation, the jist of it was the integration of cultures and people which brought about many benefits and implications. I could give you my essay structure for Disabilities which I did as part of the Representation Case Study if you want and see what you can take from there?

Just ask any questions you want help with; I enjoyed Media Studies and was a fanatic about getting a good mark.
DontBlink14
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pulse.)
A case study on women would be great for identities but a bit too low level for the representations case study was the impression I received from my teacher. Really don't worry about it though because its generally a really easy paper; I'm sure your fine with Section A which are the four 12 Markers? Section B is just a case of making an essay structure, revising it over and over and writing out the essay in the exam.

As for theorists its damn certain you'll put something in there about Marx's Social Hegemony Theory and Top Down Structure. I'm afraid that is all I would know about women but I'm sure you could research and find something in no time. When we were taught Globalisation, the jist of it was the integration of cultures and people which brought about many benefits and implications. I could give you my essay structure for Disabilities which I did as part of the Representation Case Study if you want and see what you can take from there?

Just ask any questions you want help with; I enjoyed Media Studies and was a fanatic about getting a good mark.

I might adjust the case study to the comparison of genders then, that way i'll still be able to use the same information I have at least.
That essay structure would be fantastic actually!

Thanks so much, this is a great help
Pulse.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I might adjust the case study to the comparison of genders then, that way i'll still be able to use the same information I have at least.
That essay structure would be fantastic actually!

Thanks so much, this is a great help
A quick russle through my batch of last years notes and I only find a bare bones structure. Nonetheless, here you are and though Im sure it isnt as helpful as it could be, it will give you an idea of what to write in the exam. The question is always usually the same in Representations with a slight variation of wording. Ive PM'ed you what Ive got and dont hesitate to ask anything else. Like ive said though, these exams are marked really poorly and Id advise to go ham on the first few questions.
DontBlink14
Rep:
?
No thats great, gives me an idea of where to start of on an answer! I think I'll be fine now, just a matter of getting the right information together, but that should be fine
Thanks so much!
Pulse.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No thats great, gives me an idea of where to start of on an answer! I think I'll be fine now, just a matter of getting the right information together, but that should be fine
Thanks so much!
No problem; ace the coursework and you'll be more confident for the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.49%
England (143)
34.79%
Belgium (31)
7.54%
Germany (41)
9.98%
Spain (10)
2.43%