The Student Room Group

Harrods 2014 Temporary Summer Jobs

Just had my telephone interview and have now been invited along to their Assessment Centre. I was wondering if anyone has had any past experience of this, what is it like etc. Also what is it like working for Harrods on this shift

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey am glad you got through, what kind of questions did they ask you?
Reply 2
Not many really, why harrods? go through a difficult situation; which department do you want to work in
Reply 3
Have you booked a day for your group interview? I've been invited too but the link to go and book it isn't working... has anyone else had this problem?
Reply 4
Original post by Mehreen.q
Have you booked a day for your group interview? I've been invited too but the link to go and book it isn't working... has anyone else had this problem?

The link worked fine for me and I've booked a day, have you tried contacting them?
Reply 5
Original post by MSheekey
The link worked fine for me and I've booked a day, have you tried contacting them?

I emailed them and they sent me another link which worked and I've booked my interview time :smile: All the best for yours.
Reply 6
I emailed them and they sent me another link which worked and I've booked my interview time :smile: All the best for yours.

You too! :smile:

You too! :smile:

What positions? aren't you guys nervous?
Reply 8
I was accepted too, I have my assessment day coming up. I applied to work as a Temporary Sales Support worker (fashion department). I hope everyone who has applied will get the job! :smile:
Reply 9
My assessment day is tomorrow and I applied for temporary sales support opportunities
My assessment day is tomorrow and I applied for temporary sales support opportunities

How did it go? what was the ice breaker like? what did the guys wear?
Original post by CriticalMatters
How did it go? what was the ice breaker like? what did the guys wear?

Icebreaker: say your name, what would you spend £1000 harrods gift voucher on, how your friends describe you

i wore a black dress with black heels
Icebreaker: say your name, what would you spend £1000 harrods gift voucher on, how your friends describe you

i wore a black dress with black heels

For the icebreaker do you have to stand up in front of everyone? I hate speaking to a group :frown: Also, what was the group exercise like?

I'd be grateful if you could let me know!
Original post by katiandis
For the icebreaker do you have to stand up in front of everyone? I hate speaking to a group :frown: Also, what was the group exercise like?

I'd be grateful if you could let me know!

You have to stand up to the group

We broke off into smaller groups and had little discussions and the assessor went round and had a listen
You have to stand up to the group

We broke off into smaller groups and had little discussions and the assessor went round and had a listen

Did you have to bring your passport and any documents?
Original post by CriticalMatters
Did you have to bring your passport and any documents?

CV and passport photo
Just received an email saying that I'm currently on hold, has anyone else received/heard back yet?
Reply 17
Just had my telephone interview and have now been invited along to their Assessment Centre. I was wondering if anyone has had any past experience of this, what is it like etc. Also what is it like working for Harrods on this shift

Hi I was wondering what questions do they usually ask during phone interview as I have one on Monday, I am nervous
thank you
Original post by alize
Hi I was wondering what questions do they usually ask during phone interview as I have one on Monday, I am nervous
thank you

Not many really, why harrods? go through a difficult situation; which department do you want to work in

Good Luck!
Reply 19
Can anyone give me a link to where do you actually apply? I cannot find it on the website?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending