Ian1120
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
*Doubt about choosing the university
Hi, I'm an international student. I'm sticking with choose a university these day. I have no ideas which university is the best. Glasgow, Durham, Edinburgh or Lancaster? Can anyone list their order of I've researched a lot about the world universities ranking, UK ranking and Accounting and Finance ranking. They're totally different. For example, Edinburgh ranges 39 and Lancaster ranges 137 in the world's ranking but lancaster is higher than Edinburgh in UK ranking. For the accounting and finance ranking, thought warwick is quite high for this, it's still lower than lancaster in UK ranking.
SO actually, i was entirely confused about all the ranking and didn't know which one should i believe. IN FACT, which the above universities are local students prefer the most? Glasgow, Durham, Edinburgh or Lancaster? I really need to listen more advices from local students in order to make a wiser decision.
HELP ME PLEASE TT MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!
Moronic-Acid
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi

These are all great universities and well done if you have an offer from them! I personally think it's between Durham or Edinburgh. It depends what you want in the city. Durham is a fairly smallish city compared to Edinburgh however it is a really nice city. There are a couple of clubs and you'll be a part of a college. Edinburgh is also a beautiful city and has more of a cosmopolitan feel to it.

The overall general ranking would be: Durham, Edinburgh, Lancaster and Glasgow
Ian1120
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Moronic-Acid)
Hi

These are all great universities and well done if you have an offer from them! I personally think it's between Durham or Edinburgh. It depends what you want in the city. Durham is a fairly smallish city compared to Edinburgh however it is a really nice city. There are a couple of clubs and you'll be a part of a college. Edinburgh is also a beautiful city and has more of a cosmopolitan feel to it.

The overall general ranking would be: Durham, Edinburgh, Lancaster and Glasgow
THANK YOU SO MUCH for your nice reply TT Does it mean if it's between Lancaster and Glasgow, Lancaster will be a better choice?
Moronic-Acid
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ian1120)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for your nice reply TT Does it mean if it's between Lancaster and Glasgow, Lancaster will be a better choice?
No problem And yes, Lancaster is a really good university itself. I don't know too much about Glasgow but it is fairly reputable

If you have any more questions you can always send me a pm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads