Who is doing AQA English Lit Poetry (conflict section) for unseen poetry?

Watch
Angelo12231
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Any predictions of what poems might come up??
IhateMichealGove
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Angelo12231)
Any predictions of what poems might come up??
Im studying conflict poetry too
beckyrebecca
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Come on come back
The right word
Out of the blue
At least one of those as they have never appeared before

Posted from TSR Mobile
IhateMichealGove
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by beckyrebecca)
Come on come back
The right word
Out of the blue
At least one of those as they have never appeared before

Posted from TSR Mobile
What about Flag? Has it come up?
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
(Original post by IhateMichealGove)
What about Flag? Has it come up?
flag has come up. I think i will make flash cards and for each poem, i will attempt to link it to hawk roosting as hawk roosting is my stongest

p.s Michael Gove is A ***K TARD
IhateMichealGove
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
flag has come up. I think i will make flash cards and for each poem, i will attempt to link it to hawk roosting as hawk roosting is my stongest

p.s Michael Gove is A ***K TARD
I just read the poems again and again and watch different peoples interpretations of them on youtube. Try to link the poem based on the question you are posed and not the one that you are most confident with. The examiners report june 2013 said students are likelier to get a higher mark if comparison is done based on the theme, not the strength of one poem.
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
I just read the poems again and again and watch different peoples interpretations of them on youtube. Try to link the poem based on the question you are posed and not the one that you are most confident with. The examiners report june 2013 said students are likelier to get a higher mark if comparison is done based on the theme, not the strength of one poem.
very true, but in my last mock, i panicked and linked futility to next to of course god america i and got 31/36 on unseen
IhateMichealGove
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
very true, but in my last mock, i panicked and linked futility to next to of course god america i and got 31/36 on unseen
Yeah the stress in the exam can cause you not to think straight. At the end of the day, any poem is comparable to another. The thing is it is more important for the conflict cluster than the others.
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=IhateMichealGove;47168686]Yeah the stress in the exam can cause you not to think straight. At the end of the day, any poem is comparable to another. The thing is it is more important for the conflict cluster than the others.[/QUI think as long as what you are saying makes a bit of sense then you'll be fine Besides, the grade boundaries are terribly low for literature. I never got under a solid A*
lyricalvibe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
[QUOTE=Angelo12231;47168875]
Yeah the stress in the exam can cause you not to think straight. At the end of the day, any poem is comparable to another. The thing is it is more important for the conflict cluster than the others.[/QUI think as long as what you are saying makes a bit of sense then you'll be fine Besides, the grade boundaries are terribly low for literature. I never got under a solid A*
Do you know roughly what they are?
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=lyricalvibe;47168945]
Do you know roughly what they are?
well last year was 39/54 for an A* and in januray 2013 is was 37/54 for an A*
lyricalvibe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
well last year was 39/54 for an A* and in januray 2013 is was 37/54 for an A*
Woah! That's a whole boundary less than I thought :/ do you know how grades are compared?e.g someone does conflict and another relationships are the boundaries the same?
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
(Original post by lyricalvibe)
Woah! That's a whole boundary less than I thought :/ do you know how grades are compared?e.g someone does conflict and another relationships are the boundaries the same?
this boundary is for all poetry genres. Literature is considered hard by AQA

I think they get the top 20% and average out the mark for an A* boundary and then they get the second 20% an so on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (29)
13.49%
I need help researching courses (14)
6.51%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.19%
I need help with my personal statement (90)
41.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (52)
24.19%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (4)
1.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (17)
7.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise