The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
omg i hate realisation a/cs as well.

i was quite confident for accn4 but when i looked at the june 2013 paper, i lost all hope, its sooo much more difficult than the previous years. Do you think our paper is gonna be that hard considering they took out the January exams aswell ?
Original post by naff66
omg i hate realisation a/cs as well.

i was quite confident for accn4 but when i looked at the june 2013 paper, i lost all hope, its sooo much more difficult than the previous years. Do you think our paper is gonna be that hard considering they took out the January exams aswell ?

What are you averaging for ACCN4? I've done two past papers for it and I got a C in both. I did the June 2013 past paper though! I must confess it did look tricky, but it's just a matter of looking at the information you have and how you can use that to get the answer you need. Practice makes perfect! Also, you can ask me for help as I have a whole bunch of notes for it all.

The Ian Harrison book explains partnerships REALLY well if you can get your hands on that!

As for the exams themselves this year, I honestly have no idea. I reckon ACCN 4 will have a similar case study layout to June 2013 (where the whole exam is based on one business) but for ACCN3, I've an instinct that IAS won't come up, but Cash Flows will. It's hard to say really, but you don't wanna leave it down to chance. D:
Reply 3
Does anyone have any revision notes made out for accn3 or accn4? Would really appreciate them
What do you guys thinks the grade boundaries are likely to be this year considering the difficulty of papers are increasing, i heard unit 1 today was pretty difficult, the questions were worded in a weird way apparently
Original post by tmoore
Does anyone have any revision notes made out for accn3 or accn4? Would really appreciate them

Sorry for the late reply, been focusing on the papers lol. I have a wall of notes for both units, I'll take a picture of them shortly!
Original post by Bossankunal
What do you guys thinks the grade boundaries are likely to be this year considering the difficulty of papers are increasing, i heard unit 1 today was pretty difficult, the questions were worded in a weird way apparently

If that's the case, then it sounds like they should be significantly lower than they were for June 2013.

June 2013 grade boundaries: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2013.PDF

What grade are you aiming for?
Reply 7
Original post by FaisalTreShah
Sorry for the late reply, been focusing on the papers lol. I have a wall of notes for both units, I'll take a picture of them shortly!

That would be brilliant thank you :smile:
If that's the case, then it sounds like they should be significantly lower than they were for June 2013.

June 2013 grade boundaries: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2013.PDF

What grade are you aiming for?

Aiming to achieve an A in both papers, averaging 82 ums to get the A i ned overall to get into the uni of my choice. What about you? how did you do in units 1 and 2?
I am really struggling with cash flow statement and incomplete record..... Any help will be much appreciated
(edited 9 years ago)
Alrighty, here's my notes for both units. I hope the pictures are clear! Open them in a new tab, or right-click & save so you can zoom in and read them better.

I have more pictures to upload but annoyingly, TSR won't let me upload them. Watch this space.

DSC_0091 copy.jpgDSC_0092 copy.jpgDSC_0093 copy.jpgDSC_0095 copy.jpg
(edited 9 years ago)
Aiming to achieve an A in both papers, averaging 82 ums to get the A i ned overall to get into the uni of my choice. What about you? how did you do in units 1 and 2?

Blimey, sounds like you're good at this. Hope you get the grades dude! I'm aiming for a B/C in ACCN3, and an A/B in ACCN4. I'd really like to get a B overall but if I get a C then I'd settle.

For Units 1 & 2 I got a solid C grade for both units (3 UMS off a B in Unit 1 though!). Mind you, this is my weakest subject :/ I find it really hard lol. How about yourself?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tmoore
That would be brilliant thank you :smile:

Posted them! :smile:
Blimey, sounds like you're good at this. Hope you get the grades dude! I'm aiming for a B/C in ACCN3, and an A/B in ACCN4. I'd really like to get a B overall but if I get a C then I'd settle.

For Units 1 & 2 I got a solid C grade for both units (3 UMS off a B in Unit 1 though!). Mind you, this is my weakest subject :/ I find it really hard lol. How about yourself?

I was 1 UMS off an A at AS which means i need to average 81 ums to get my A. I recommend the nelson thornes aqa accounting a2 book. the partnership account are explained exceptionally well and the theory sides are well explained aswell. The are a variety of questions and the answer book can be found online. You can still get the A overall if you work at it and repeat questions and past papers. What do you need for your choice of Uni?
Original post by sickofeducation
I am really struggling with cash flow statement and incomplete record..... Any help will be much appreciated
Alrighty, here's my notes for both units. I hope the pictures are clear! Open them in a new tab, or right-click & save so you can zoom in and read them better.I have more pictures to upload but annoyingly, TSR won't let me upload them. Watch this space.DSC_0091 copy.jpgDSC_0092 copy.jpgDSC_0093 copy.jpgDSC_0095 copy.jpg
Omg this notes are soon good thanks
Reply 15
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know how to find the interest paid figure for cash flow statements, I've been trying to work it out but can't seem to get it.:confused: (Task 3 Q6)
Thank you :smile:
Original post by Ikra123
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know how to find the interest paid figure for cash flow statements, I've been trying to work it out but can't seem to get it.:confused: (Task 3 Q6)
Thank you :smile:

what paper?
Reply 17
what paper?

Jan 2013 :smile:
Original post by Ikra123
Jan 2013 :smile:

My working for that was:
(60000 x 6%) + [(25000 x 6%)/4] = £3975

the extra bit of interest is divided by 4 because the additional debenture was taken out in the last quarter. the 25000 is 85000-60000.
If you have any more questions just ask :smile:
Reply 19
My working for that was:
(60000 x 6%) + [(25000 x 6%)/4] = £3975

the extra bit of interest is divided by 4 because the additional debenture was taken out in the last quarter. the 25000 is 85000-60000.
If you have any more questions just ask :smile:

I get it now, thank you very much. :smile:

Latest