TSR is on a decline Watch

cyxstudio
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
when i first joined and my first few threads were full of helpful , funny replies

nowadays its just full of trollings
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That is because any funny comments posted now are deemed off topic and swiftly removed by the god awful mods.
electriic_ink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It was terrible long before you arrived. It's a well known fact that TSR became crap the hour they changed the rep system.
xxm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Losing the neg rep system hurt it so bad. I yearn to have those days back
quads1992
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you also aren't allowed to post anything which might offend people in the slightest. So basically, you can't post anything anymore. It's got to be the most PC forum on the whole internet.
sevchenko
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by electriic_ink)
It was terrible long before you arrived. It's a well known fact that TSR became crap the hour they changed the rep system.
But didn't the research stats show that after the trial period show there was an increase of posts in previously inactive areas, creation of threads and more new accounts
Gjaykay
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cyxstudio)
when i first joined and my first few threads were full of helpful , funny replies

nowadays its just full of trollings
No one is forcing you to stay
Ryan202
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Name:  AA.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  247.8 KB

I joined about a month ago and my experience has been quite bizarre. What's even more strange is the amount of reputation points he gained.
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sevchenko)
But didn't the research stats show that after the trial period show there was an increase of posts in previously inactive areas, creation of threads and more new accounts
1) Correlation does not equal causation. Especially using 3 months of data.

2) If the quality of posts or threads have not increased then who cares if there are more posts.

3) Why would anyone open an account because of the rep system?
Ripper-Roo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sevchenko)
Lots of the new accounts were dupes, "why the **** don't people in their 20s join social groups?"
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yh, the eradication of the rep system has meant that TSR has become flooded with master trolls.
PsychadelicScarf
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't understand the new rep system. When it tells me I have a new rep, what's the number next to it for?
Maid Marian
Report 5 years ago
Illusionary :cry:
Idle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Yh, the eradication of the rep system has meant that TSR has become flooded with master trolls.
I'd disagree, I don't think rep has anything to do with trolls, if someone is going to troll they are hardly going to care about rep.
Maid Marian
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Idle)
I'd disagree, I don't think rep has anything to do with trolls, if someone is going to troll they are hardly going to care about rep.
OH, BUT MR IDLE :hand:

Rep might not affect the crazy trolls, but the normal members with an inner troll were kept in line by the presence of rep, IMO.
Idle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
OH, BUT MR IDLE :hand:

Rep might not affect the crazy trolls, but the normal members with an inner troll were kept in line by the presence of rep, IMO.
It's a number on a screen at the end of the day.

If someone is repeatedly trolling they are going to get banned.
Maid Marian
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Idle)

If someone is repeatedly trolling they are going to get banned.
Oh, but Mr Idle!!!!
I like the use of boldage in your second sentence, it's so authoritative and dominant
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
funny replies to trolling? sounds like the same thing to me
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Idle)
Rep tells the mods which posters the community thinks are trolls. 100,000 heads are better than 10. If you ban a poster with 8 green gems you're doing something wrong. If you haven't banned a poster with 8 red gems, you're doing something wrong.

If someone is repeatedly trolling they are going to get banned

and yet Jimbo is still here.
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
Oh, but Mr Idle!!!!
I like the use of bondage in your second sentence, it's so authoritative and dominant
MARIAN!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
61.02%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.9%
No- I want it (120)
26.73%
No- I don't want it (33)
7.35%

Watched Threads