The Student Room Group

Error

Dear Student Finance England,

I have reported to you that there is a problem with my online application on the end of January. When I log into my online account it displays a message "an unknown error has caused you application to stop working"

It is April today, and nothing has changed since. SFE advised me to submit paper application, which I did in January, but upon my recent conversation with SFE I was told that SFE can not proceed with my application due to above error (they can not scan my documents and create online application so they wait until error will be solved)

My question is: When should I expect the error to by solved? So that you can finally proceed with my application. I am already waiting for three months and nothing's happening. It is very concerning.

It seems very weird to me, that it is already taking three months for IT department to solve above problem.

Edit: I have noticed that there are quite a few people raising the same issue, but I have not seen any response explaining what is causing above error and most importantly when the problem will be solved.
SFE response is always to send paper application, but how long should we wait for the problem to be solved ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Wow, thanks for response, Mark...
Hi Michael.

As we are unable to access specific account information I cannot give you a specific timescale. Online errors can be a multitude of different issues and are dealt with by a specialized team within SLC and don't normally have set times for a resolution.

We would normally always suggest sending a paper application to ensure your details reach us and we can begin processing it when you experience online issues.

How did you initially raise the query and have you contacted us on 0300 100 0607 since?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending