Shauching
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
" Profit is the greatest motivation for agricultural change. " With reference to one or more examples, how far do you agree?

My answer briefly :
I talked about the Common Agricultural Policy where it help the farmers and stuff. Also, I talked about the effect of CAP and the negative impact which led to the reform of CAP in 1992 where the CAP emphasize on environment.

Does my answer go out of topic? The marking scheme doesn't help much. Anyone has a better answer to my question please feel free to reply
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Have you tried looking at the Examiners Report for that question? . You can get a wealth of information off that :yep:
Comeback
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Shauching)
" Profit is the greatest motivation for agricultural change. " With reference to one or more examples, how far do you agree?

My answer briefly :
I talked about the Common Agricultural Policy where it help the farmers and stuff. Also, I talked about the effect of CAP and the negative impact which led to the reform of CAP in 1992 where the CAP emphasize on environment.

Does my answer go out of topic? The marking scheme doesn't help much. Anyone has a better answer to my question please feel free to reply
It is tempting when they give you a quote to go a bit off topic, but I think your answer is perfectly fine for this. The key word is 'greatest' so you must structure the entire question around two viewpoints - one is that profit is the greatest because...[insert evidence], and the second is profit is not the greatest because......[insert evidence]

For the second one you have two options, introduce a different policy/thing that is better than the CAP, or do what you have done and point out the problems. I'd advise you include both if you can.

In the conclusion don't feel tempted to simply say is it or isn't, remember issues such as these are complex, coming to a balanced judgement is the best strategy.

As they say examples make sure you give case studies, don't just talk about the CAP but choose an area (even if its just the UK/Europe) and talk about relevant information (e.g. economic statistics). I wasn't sure if you did that, but just in case
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (3)
100%
No (0)
0%

Watched Threads