Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you think is likely to come up? Have you been revising a lot lately? What resources do you use? Let's revise together here

The 3 topics I've chosen in unit 1 are: Criminal Courts and Lay People, Delegated Legislation and Statutory Interpretation

UPDATE
    Looking over all the past papers from 2010- 2013 these are my predictions:

1. Statutory Interpretation:
    Q1-Definitely learn both Intrinsic/Extrinsic aids+ any 1 of 3 rules of language
    Q2-Purposive rule hasn't come up since JAN11. Literal rule probably won't come up since it's been in the paper 4 times (most) Golden/Mischief rule are possibilities
    Q3-Likely adv. + disadv. of purposive rule (as they always go with ^ rule)

2. Delegated Legislation:
    Q1-Learn statutory instruments and one other statutory instrument
    Q2-Judicial controls comes up pretty often but learn parliamentary controls- just in case!
    Q3-Adv. and Disadv. of delegated leg. comes up often. One possible q is Why they have to delegate (very easy to memorise the 5 points)

3. Criminal Courts and Lay People:
    Q1&Q2-
    ALL POSSIBILE:
    -Role of lay mag. dealing with -> summary, TEW, indictable
    -Work of lay mag. (in and/or out of court)

-Trial and appeal court routes

-How jurors qualify and are selected
    -How magistrates qualify and are selected

Q3-Advantages of lay people comes up a lot. Make sure you know advantages for both (and disadvantages too) Disadvantage came up only twice so there's a possibility it could come up this year.

Of course you should go through everything, these are just my predictions and what I'm going to focus a little bit more on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xtenshiai)
    What do you think is likely to come up? Have you been revising a lot lately? What resources do you use? Let's revise together here

The 3 topics I've chosen in unit 1 are: Criminal Courts and Lay People, Delegated Legislation and Statutory Interpretation
    I'd have chosen Judicial Precedent over Statutory Interpretation. When I did Law, it come up along with the other two you've picked, a lot more regularly than the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revel)
    I'd have chosen Judicial Precedent over Statutory Interpretation. When I did Law, it come up along with the other two you've picked, a lot more regularly than the others.
    Our teacher chose which ones for us. I think they're alright- she said that they weren't hard. Ah Judicial precedent does come up. It's one of the 4 options but we have to pick 3.

ReputationRep:
    Our teacher chose the topics for us: Delegated Legislation, Criminal Courts and Lay People, The Legal Profession and other sources of advice, and funding.

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.