benSHTEE
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
How are you guys revising for AS history specifically russia and the womens suffrage movement? are you confident for the exam?
Oddities
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi.
I'm currently doing A2 History. I did Russian History (1894-1941) on OCR, and Churchill. So I might be able to help with the Russian element, not the suffrage bit...
I revised with (and am for A2 too):
- Posters (of everything)
- Flash Cards (of everything)
- Time Lines (of important events.
- 'Fact Files' of Important People/ Events
- Doing past papers/ looking at mark schemes/ examiners reports as well as exam papers can help too!

Hope this helps
benSHTEE
Rep:
?
hi, thanks for this. I'm doing the edexcel version which is 1881-1954, so practically the same. Ive mostly been doing mind maps and planning past questions in case they come up.. what grade did you get?
Oddities
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hiya,
it's okay
For AS I got a grade B overall (144 UMS). On the Russia paper I got 76 ums, Churchill 68 ums.
If you're planning past papers - ask your school/ college if you can look at answered past papers from exams - these are a massive help (for me anyway), and if you're lucky, you might read an a/b grade paper and then a very similar question come up in the exam.
Are you just planning the past questions? If you are, I'd suggest to write out an intro and conclusion - it makes it easier in the exam. Also, do 2/3 plans of the same essay. I know this sounds bizarre, but do one in depth, with every point heavily covered, and then 1 less detailed and the third how you would write it out in the exam.
However, these are just suggestions - so if you don't think they work for you, don't do them!
benSHTEE
Rep:
?
hi sorry for the late reply, i didn't get a notification! yh im just planning the past questions, like paragraph content and stuff. But idk how im gonna remember it all! mind maps are what i do most though..
Honorb
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ben ! theres only ever been one question on february revolution in the past 5 years jan/june exams REVISE THAT I'm certain it may come up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads