The Student Room Group

how to improve my credit score

i've just turned 18 and i tried to get a phone contract out at carphone warehouse for o2 and got declined because of my not good enough credit score. I'm just wondering if ways to build it up so I can take out a phone contract and im looking for like the fastest ways to build it up. Also like what does o2 require your score to be for you to get out a contract.

thank you!
Original post by ohryry
i've just turned 18 and i tried to get a phone contract out at carphone warehouse for o2 and got declined because of my not good enough credit score. I'm just wondering if ways to build it up so I can take out a phone contract and im looking for like the fastest ways to build it up. Also like what does o2 require your score to be for you to get out a contract.

thank you!

Firstly your credit 'score' is meaningless. It isn't the 'score' that is important, it's the information on your file that is important.

In order for your credit file to be better, you need to get credit. Your best options are either getting s phone contract with Three (they're very lenient on their credit scoring), or you could get a credit builder credit card, such as with Barclays or Capital One - but ONLY do this if you are 100% going to pay back what you spend, otherwise you'll end up in debt!
Original post by ohryry

thank you!

Get on the electoral roll, one of the quickest and easiest ways of improving your credit score.
Reply 3
Original post by ohryry

thank you!

I'd recommend trying T-mobile as they gave me a contract when I had just turned 18 and hadn't even been on the electoral roll!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending