The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Any Londoners Moving to Leicester?

Hey, I'm going De Montfort this September from London, was wondering if there were anymore londoners going too? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by sannahkhan123
Hey, I'm going De Montfort this September from London, was wondering if there were anymore londoners going too? :smile:

Hey sannahkhan123, I am from London and I will be goin to DMU this September :smile: What will u be studying?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by divagirl
Hey sannahkhan123, I am from London and I will be goin to DMU this September :smile: What will u be studying?

Hey! I'm from East London, I'm gonna be studying Audiology, How about you? :smile:
Where will you be staying?
Reply 3
Hey! I'm from East London, I'm gonna be studying Audiology, How about you? :smile:
Where will you be staying?

OMG I am from East London to :smile: I will be studying biomedical science and I will be staying at Newarke Point. How about you?
lool seriously, where abouts? :smile: i'm From Forest Gate area!
I'm staying at Grosvenor house!
Reply 5
lool seriously, where abouts? :smile: i'm From Forest Gate area!
I'm staying at Grosvenor house!

Haha :smile: I am from Ilford Is Grosvenor house near to DMU? and will u be going freshers week? :smile:
Haha :smile: I am from Ilford Is Grosvenor house near to DMU? and will u be going freshers week? :smile:

ah my college is in Ilford, Valentiens Sixth form, i'm guessing you're from seven kings?
Yeah its quite near to the campus; defo :wink: will you?
Reply 7
ah my college is in Ilford, Valentiens Sixth form, i'm guessing you're from seven kings?
Yeah its quite near to the campus; defo :wink: will you?

Lol u must be joking :smile: no I go Beal Sixth form. Oh thats good :smile: I am definitely going can't wait :smile:
Lol u must be joking :smile: no I go Beal Sixth form. Oh thats good :smile: I am definitely going can't wait :smile:

lool couldnt get into seven kings myself
ah thats great can't wait to meet everyone
If Fulham go down and/or QPR don't get promoted, some of their players might go to Premier League Leicester City.
Reply 10
lool couldnt get into seven kings myself
ah thats great can't wait to meet everyone

lol :smile: same I just can't wait for freshers week and moving away from home :smile: Have u done student finance?
lol :smile: same I just can't wait for freshers week and moving away from home :smile: Have u done student finance?

sort of have, still gotta fill in another form, how about you?
Lool should be an experience :wink:
Reply 12
sort of have, still gotta fill in another form, how about you?
Lool should be an experience :wink:

Same but I have few questions that I need to fill out. Student finance is so long for me I found booking an accommodation much quicker. Hopefully it will be a experience we will never forget :smile:
Same but I have few questions that I need to fill out. Student finance is so long for me I found booking an accommodation much quicker. Hopefully it will be a experience we will never forget :smile:

same; I keep getting stuck on questions, my brother has to help me out lol
What you taking currently then at A-levels?
I moved to leicester for university, not De Montfort though.. I absolutely loathe it, despise it, hate it.. just urgh. I cannot wait to graduate and leave Leicester. I was seriously lied to before I came here, I was told "oh in the midlands everything is cheaper than London" ERM no, London is actually cheaper. They expected us to magically pluck £320 something for a yearly bus pass.

What I hate the most about Leicester, is how uncoordinated it is. In London you can get off the bus and cross the road, and get a bus to take you back in the opposite direction that you initially came from. But here.. nope.. you have to take some back roads, ask people, get ignored just to find the bloody bus stop to take you back to where you came from.

I dislike the place so much, that if I hear anyone with a midlands accent, I just get automatically pissed off. My hate for this place is real.
Reply 15
same; I keep getting stuck on questions, my brother has to help me out lol
What you taking currently then at A-levels?

U r so lucky coz u have an older sibling, I am eldest sibling so I have to do myself. I took BTEC Science, Sociology and I dropped business studies. How about u?
I live in leicester right now. AMA.
Original post by alis-volatpropriis
I moved to leicester for university, not De Montfort though.. I absolutely loathe it, despise it, hate it.. just urgh. I cannot wait to graduate and leave Leicester. I was seriously lied to before I came here, I was told "oh in the midlands everything is cheaper than London" ERM no, London is actually cheaper. They expected us to magically pluck £320 something for a yearly bus pass.

What I hate the most about Leicester, is how uncoordinated it is. In London you can get off the bus and cross the road, and get a bus to take you back in the opposite direction that you initially came from. But here.. nope.. you have to take some back roads, ask people, get ignored just to find the bloody bus stop to take you back to where you came from.

I dislike the place so much, that if I hear anyone with a midlands accent, I just get automatically pissed off. My hate for this place is real.

sorry you feel that way, my older sister goes Leicester aswell and she doesn't like it either; but hopefully we'll make the most of it lol
Original post by chelseafan
I live in leicester right now. AMA.

where do you go ? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
U r so lucky coz u have an older sibling, I am eldest sibling so I have to do myself. I took BTEC Science, Sociology and I dropped business studies. How about u?

ah, thats still a nice combination of subjects, goodluck for the exams ! think we're all gonna need it lol

Quick Reply