Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else suffering from a total lack of motivation for revision? It's like during exam season I've realised the true extent to my procrastination lol. How do you deal with it?

ReputationRep:
    I've got pictures of Exeter campus on my wall :love: so when I procrastinate or whatever it's a constant reminder of what I'm working towards :giggle: Just think about results day! You want it to be a good one right? Good luck

Have also started speaking to people starting the same uni as me next year which has motivated me like crazy to get the grades!

ReputationRep:
    I try to see it as everything or nothing :cool:. If I'm going to do something, I might as well do it properly.

Remind yourself of how guilty and anxious you'll be feeling this summer if you don't work hard!

But yeah, it is very tough..and I may or may not have wasted 3 hours today watching Mitchell and Webb sketches

Nevertheless, as itssimplyme said, good luck everyone in your revision!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itssimplyme)
    I've got pictures of Exeter campus on my wall :love: so when I procrastinate or whatever it's a constant reminder of what I'm working towards :giggle: Just think about results day! You want it to be a good one right? Good luck

Have also started speaking to people starting the same uni as me next year which has motivated me like crazy to get the grades!
    I'm still in AS so I haven't really got my offers though, like you I'm guessing? So I kind of have nothing to work towards if that makes sense. I like how you have given yourself a physical image of your future though, I should try that! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masooda)
    I'm still in AS so I haven't really got my offers though, like you I'm guessing? So I kind of have nothing to work towards if that makes sense. I like how you have given yourself a physical image of your future though, I should try that! Thanks
    But if you're thinking of applying, you may have a rough idea where to, or just career aspirations?

No problem!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess_x)
    I try to see it as everything or nothing :cool:. If I'm going to do something, I might as well do it properly.

Remind yourself of how guilty and anxious you'll be feeling this summer if you don't work hard!

But yeah, it is very tough..and I may or may not have wasted 3 hours today watching Mitchell and Webb sketches

Nevertheless, as itssimplyme said, good luck everyone in your revision!!
    I understand that approach. Ah, yeah guess I just need to put in the effort now and I'll be able to enjoy myself later. Haha, don't we all waste endless hours on the internet watching things. Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    But if you're thinking of applying, you may have a rough idea where to, or just career aspirations?

No problem!
    Yeah, I actually have a specific university and course I want to apply to :cute: so I should stop being so lazy and get on with it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I would also appreciate any motivation tips in general; mum diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer today. Honestly can't be bothered to do anything productive.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I actually have a specific university and course I want to apply to :cute: so I should stop being so lazy and get on with it. :rolleyes:
    Exactly, wouldn't want to open your results and realise you don't have the grades to apply!

(Original post by Autistic Merit)
    I would also appreciate any motivation tips in general; mum diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer today. Honestly can't be bothered to do anything productive.
    So sorry to hear that :console:

Don't try and work if your mind is elsewhere Take a day off or something, clear your head/go for a walk and after that, attempt going back into revision - try and stay positive

ReputationRep:
    So sorry to hear that :console:

Don't try and work if your mind is elsewhere Take a day off or something, clear your head/go for a walk and after that, attempt going back into revision - try and stay positive
    I wish I could. I'm a teacher and sadly my work isn't optional. Term starts again in a week and I haven't done any planning or marking yet.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could. I'm a teacher and sadly my work isn't optional. Term starts again in a week and I haven't done any planning or marking yet.
    omg, I thought you were a student!

Try listening to some feel good music possibly?

ReputationRep:
    I'm genuinely so sorry to hear that. Your post actually made me think, here I am, lacking the motivation to revise for no absolute reason apart from not being bothered. I really think you should take a few days off. Sometimes things happen and people around you should be able to respect that.

ReputationRep:
    omg, I thought you were a student!

Try listening to some feel good music possibly?
    Listening to The Vamps lol.

I'm genuinely so sorry to hear that. Your post actually made me think, here I am, lacking the motivation to revise for no absolute reason apart from not being bothered. I really think you should take a few days off. Sometimes things happen and people around you should be able to respect that.
    I'm effectively doing that anyway. There's no way I can work through this. I won't qualify for any time off actual work though unless I can prove that my mother is dependent on me in some way (she isn't).

ReputationRep:
    Listening to The Vamps lol.

I'm effectively doing that anyway. There's no way I can work through this. I won't qualify for any time off actual work though unless I can prove that my mother is dependent on me in some way (she isn't).
    Then I guess we just have to figure a way to make you feel better and also be productive. (Life sucks sometimes?) I think you should definitely do what was mentioned earlier and get some fresh air before starting any work. It might help to clear your mind a bit. I always feel refreshed when I do this and ready start working. Give yourself breaks and incentives. The incentives can be whatever works for you, I use TV programmes and food - haha! Maybe remind yourself of the purpose of doing tasks such as marking. One reason would be to ensure your students are given feedback so they can improve their work. You sound like a dedicated teacher and one that is considerate towards her/his pupils, so perhaps this will work for you.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.