Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

General Election Poll (UK) Watch

• View Poll Results: Which Party do you intend to vote for in the next General Election?
    Tory
    35.48%
    Labour
    32.26%
    Lib/Dem
    0%
    UKIP
    32.26%

ReputationRep:
    Who are you intending to vote for in the next General Election? I've deliberately missed out unsure, not voting, not bothered and minor parties that are unlikey to get many votes so a more clear outcome can be easily seen.

Oh, yeah, just talking for Westminster Parliament here.

ReputationRep:
    Conservative. Economic package evidently working & the other chance is Balls as chancellor & mr bean as PM. No thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I remain unconvinced by all.

ReputationRep:
    I would vote for the Greens, but out of those four I would have to go with Labour.

It would not be a happy vote for Labour, they are still centrist despite what the anti-Miliband press claim.

A simple rule for the internal machinations of the Labour Party executive is that if they have a shadow minister who is a Blairite (IE Foreign, Education and Work & Pensions) it means they agree with the Conservatives on that relevant policy. For Reeves to say that Labour will be further right wing than the Tories on welfare, doesn't do much to promote the idea of a pluralist democracy. It doesn't debunk the myths perpetuated by the media either.

The Liberal Democrats have associated themselves with the Conservatives too much, Tim Farron seems to be the only MP at the head of the party who doesn't tow the line. I respect him to some degree because of that and how he seems to be on the left of the party.

UKIP also seems to disregard the views of its grassroots. As many of its members advocate public ownership, 8 out of 10 to be precise, whilst the leadership peddles a minimalist state, in terms of economics. Anyone on the left who thinks all UKIP members are right wing or neo-fascists are being judgemental, there is a reason these voters have become disenfranchised with mainstream parties, I mention why in my final point.
    http://classonline.org.uk/docs/Class...tober_2013.pdf

As a point that may seem irrelevant to this topic. The party executives need to listen to their grassroots again, they need to stop focusing on what appeals to 'Middle England' as it damages democracy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    I remain unconvinced by all.
    Aye.

Maybe an ''Other'' or ''Won't vote/Spoil Ballot'' option in the poll would be good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHallowvale)
    Aye.

Maybe an ''Other'' or ''Won't vote/Spoil Ballot'' option in the poll would be good?
    Thought of that but it wouldn't really tell us much other than a lot of people are unconvinced of all parties, distrust politicians/parties, don't like the political system, apathy, etc. so thought a separate poll later on could deal with that perhaps ortherwise too easy to not choose or rather to easy to choose the other/wont vote column. So poll just to see how the main parties are stacking up really, just out of interest.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I will definitely be voting, but my decision will take place in the immediate runup to the election and based on the local candidates as well as the national party manifestoes.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiled ballet. **** the establishment!

ReputationRep:
    Well it isn't always about political party. Candidate does matter too. I wouldn't mind voting for a Tory MP I liked but I'd rather vote for Labour than vote for that thief Maria Miller. At this moment in time probably UKIP.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.