Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

(yo) radical overhaul of the rep system Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's clear from the feedback that the current rep system is too complicated for many people to understand or use, so I propose a radical change to the current system which should ensure that rep is easy to use and understand for everybody

we change what is currently known as "pos rep" to green cards :cool:

:eek:

"did he just?"

yup, that's right, whenever you see a post you agree with and want to show this agreement, rather than the old system of clicking a "pos rep" button, you should have the option of issuing a green card to the poster of that comment

thoughts? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    There's a fairly simple explanation here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=rep

Anyone who can't grasp that ... well, let's just say that TSR is aimed at the more academically able amongst us.

ReputationRep:
    But isn't that just the same in a way :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    There's a fairly simple explanation here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=rep

Anyone who can't grasp that ... well, let's just say that TSR is aimed at the more academically able amongst us.
    Yeah but everything is made better if you put it into card form, take the warning system for example...

(Original post by MidnightDream)
    But isn't that just the same in a way :confused:
    Nobody gets the joke :sad:

ReputationRep:
    :') don't worry yo radical one, I got your joke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    It's clear from the feedback that the current rep system is too complicated for many people to understand or use, so I propose a radical change to the current system which should ensure that rep is easy to use and understand for everybody

we change what is currently known as "pos rep" to green cards :cool:

:eek:

"did he just?"

yup, that's right, whenever you see a post you agree with and want to show this agreement, rather than the old system of clicking a "pos rep" button, you should have the option of issuing a green card to the poster of that comment

thoughts? :holmes:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benplumley)
    :') don't worry yo radical one, I got your joke

thanks brah

I've given you a pos rep green card

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green Velvet)
    This has nothing to with cards tbh :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    This has nothing to with cards tbh :erm:
    *whispers* It was a joke */whispers*

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.