The Student Room Group

Self Taught A-Level Law??

I'm 26 now, hoping to go to uni next year. I'm currently on 1st year of an Access course. I wish to study Law in uni and i'm wanting to teach myself a level law, just as an introduction before uni. What is the best learning materials and how achievable is this?? Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Well I heard OCR Law is easier than AQA law. I found out that my friend was doing the things I was doing in unit 2 for her unit 3 ocr! It's alright.. just a lot of memorising to do.
This site is helpful- e-lawresources
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by xtenshiai
Well I heard OCR Law is easier than AQA law. I found out that my friend was doing the things I was doing in unit 2 for her unit 3 ocr! It's alright.. just a lot of memorising to do.
This site is helpful- e-lawresources

Are you self teaching yourself a level law?? Are the exams for all 4 units taken in June closely after each other? I'm in N.Ireland and it's pretty difficult finding a exams centre that takes private candidates!! The closest is AQA, but never really thought about OCR gonna look into it! Thanks
here is the OCR final exam timetable for 2014 http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/134842-june-2014-final-examination-timetable-gce-fsmq-principal-learning-extended-project-and-level-3-certificate.pdf I'm doing OCR Law and its easier then other exams but you need to really know your exam technique to get the top marks.
Reply 4
Original post by qui3ley
Are you self teaching yourself a level law?? Are the exams for all 4 units taken in June closely after each other? I'm in N.Ireland and it's pretty difficult finding a exams centre that takes private candidates!! The closest is AQA, but never really thought about OCR gonna look into it! Thanks

I'm studying it at sixth form. So far only done unit 1 and 2. Since they scrapped JAN exams all exams will be in May/June :frown: No chances for retakes which is so unfair since others had the chance. Between unit 1 and 2 there is a 9 day gap

Quick Reply

Latest